Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

mightynine

So let me get this straigh,t 15 bucks is a ONE TIME payment to GET Genie+, or do you gotta pay 15 bucks on a monthly basis ? Ontop of that each selection for a "fastpass" will be an additional charge ?

What are the odds of the use of this new fastpass system p[lummeting and the normal wait lines getting stupidly longer ?

Just curious really as I got confused on the pricing.
You pay $15 per ticket per day.

JusticeDisney

Think of the current Tier system for FP+

All tier 2 rides will be included in Genie+ (S15 per day)
Tier 1 rides can be purchased individually, but only 2 per day.

7dmt has been mentioned as a Tier 1 ride, Tron will be too I guess. Plus a few others.
Okay, that makes sense. If you don’t mind, just a couple more questions.

1) When can you make your selections? Days in advance? Only on the day of? If on the day of, at what time?
2) Can you make as many selections as you want all at once, or do you have to ride a selected attraction before you can make your next selection?
3) Do Disney resort guests get any advantages with this service over non-resort guests?

Thanks so much for helping me out!

nickys

Premium Member
So let me get this straigh,t 15 bucks is a ONE TIME payment to GET Genie+, or do you gotta pay 15 bucks on a monthly basis ? Ontop of that each selection for a "fastpass" will be an additional charge ?

What are the odds of the use of this new fastpass system p[lummeting and the normal wait lines getting stupidly longer ?

$15 per person per day on top of your ticket. It will only include the “tier 2 rides” not the headliners.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

$15 per person, per day

I am also confused. In Disneyland Paris, people pay 18$ per person and attraction. It is only one ride. I think it is unaffordable!!!

ukcatz12

My problem with this isn't necessarily the cost, but the fact that it turns the entire day into an internal debate about how much your time is worth. This now turns every day at the park into a mental value proposition calculation. Seeing a high wait time is no longer just a question of "is it worth 90 minutes to ride Haunted Mansion." It turns into "is $10 per person worth 90 minutes of our time? Would I rather spend $10 riding Mansion or Pirates? Should I just wait in line and save the money? Was that ride I just paid $10 on worth it because a few animatronics were broken?"

It turns the ENTIRE day into an internal debate about what's worth it and what's not. Every time you see a wait time you'll now have to determine how much your time is worth and that mindset is the absolute antithesis of what a Disney vacation should be.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Congratulations Disney, you just raised your ticket prices without actually raising your ticket prices.

Yup.. it's basically maxpass... but we took out the good rides and will charge you more for those. The one saving grace is the limit of 2 uses for the paid option right now.. that should at least limit the impact. But I can't see these control points staying very stable for very long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom