Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JIMMYEDDIE

how so (just curious why you think that)

welcome to the forum btw
The tiering limits inventory...

With Genie+, I could "stack" 4-6 "Tier 1" rides and go in afternoon....Now thats not possible............Now I am paying for Tier 2 rides instead of Tier 1 rides, which I wont do

Also, as a non resort guest, how many good ride will be available to me at the 3 day mark? What If i wanted to go to the park open until 4pm but the only Tier 1 selections begin at 5pm because everyone else took them? Non resort guests buying this will go down a ton I bet

Resort guests that rope drop benefit the most but I think only about 10% of daily park guests rope drop (MK averages 60kish per day and about 6k rope drop) so they are really putting 90% of their guests at a disadvantage

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only way this system doesn't fall apart is if they limit sales enough so that the power users don't ruin it for most guests like they did for FP+. Anyone think they will actually do that?

Had troubles getting a second or third T1 on G+? Just wait till you get to compete for the same number of overall slots but now people can hold three T1s at a time instead of one. They just tripled the amount of capacity eaten up by VQ at any one time and somehow that isn't going to be a problem?

Disney could of course increase the LL capacity to help counteract this but that is just going to make standby even worse.
No…they can’t do it

SamusAranX

As a tangential issue, some of us (okay, me), when we complain that Disney doesn't have sufficient "capacity" to accommodate all the DAS/ILL/G+ crowd without making things miserable for the rest of us, aren't saying WDW necessarily needs to build more rides. It's not a question of Disney's maximum capacity, but of Disney's choice not to ever use that capacity other than once or twice a year. The rest of the time, even during major vacation or holiday weeks, Disney deliberately understaffs attractions and runs them with a fraction of the ride vehicles they could be using, solely in order to increase profits.

I may be able to stomach waiting over an hour for Big Thunder Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean, on a day where the park is open 2-4 hours less than it used to be, in a line that barely moves at a crawl, while hundreds upon hundreds of impaired/ILL/G+ people are surging gleefully ahead of me in a neverending stream. What really pi$$es me off, though, is getting to the head of that line and seeing that Disney is only using one of the two loading areas, and thus more than doubling the wait for every single standby guest, on purpose! Unfortunately, that's become the standard operating procedure for every attraction where capacity can be manipulated.

WDW has sufficient capacity and operational ability to shorten wait times, just by running existing attractions with appropriate staffing and vehicle usage. It simply refuses to, and will presumably continue to do so with every new attraction it builds. What really needs a capacity increase is the small, shriveled hearts of WDW's corporate bean counters, because their desperate attempt to monetize the queueing experience and transform it into a caste system has diminished the in-park experience for everybody. Nothing about the newest rebranding and tweaking of paid FP+/G+ is going to address the root cause of that, any more than renaming a disease will relieve sufferers of their symptoms.

FP+ access that was part of every guest's ticket came with its own problems, but at least it felt fair. A paid skip-the-line system that is only accessible to the wealthy, disabled (x4), or dishonest, never will.
This too.

How long has Stitch’s space sat unused? WoL pavilion? Primeval Whirl? Cutting shows and entertainment. Not only are they not adding net capacity, they underutilize what they got

Fido Chuckwagon

Every iteration of FP/LL that has existed since inception has allowed motivated guests to learn tips and strategies to get more out of the system. I think that will always exist for those who are willing to learn and put in the effort. The switching of the tier 2s at 7 am will be just like that in my opinion, a smaller subset of users who are both in the know and motivated enough to maximize their attractions. The wider group of users will still IMO again not do this. It’s similar to how with Genie+ Disney sets expectations with an average 2-3 rides per guest, however most people on this board understand how to get far more than that, yet the average experience is likely closer to what Disney warns of.
I think they’ll shut this loophole really quickly if it really does exist. The old fastpass system required you to use your tier 2’s before getting an additional tier 1 for a reason.

C33Mom

15 minute overlap.

Does Scott or anybody else know if LL selections will actually open up same day at 7AM? I’ve seen well informed bloggers claim the change is because people hate waking at 7AM, so I don’t understand why they would not be moving the extra day of Tier 1 flexibility to park open, or perhaps 15m before park open, at the very earliest.

Also, if you are an AP who has to make a reservation, can you only book multi pass in your first park? Advance booking options for some parks are terrible so we might want to move reservation around around if we can’t just select them for a park-hop park.

UK Disney

On the international front - the VPN bypasses I've used in the past no longer seem to work and it just states "you must be in the US or Canada" if trying to purchase Genie+. So having spent north of £2000 on a Disney hotel are they seriously saying that if I purchase Genie+ AT FULL PRICE of course I will be behind even the non Disney resort guests in the pecking order when i go in a couple of months? Because (in this context) that is pretty scandalous. I've never known a company who seem to work harder to frustrate their guests.
If you have an Android phone, have you turned off the location permissions for the app and also turned off the location on your phone? This allows me to at least select the park I need, although I can't proceed further without a valid ticket.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240627_192156_Disney World.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240627_192156_Disney World.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 20
  • SmartSelect_20240627_191542_Permission controller.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240627_191542_Permission controller.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 19

Weather_Lady

I’m pretty sure this was debunked by @lentesta. With the small exception of not every ride immediately opening at full capacity first thing in the morning.
This old chestnut is from 2018. Has he indicated something different since then? Where lowered capacity is readily observable (e.g., attractions with less than the full complement of loading bays being used) I've continued to see attractions running at lowered capacity the overwhelming majority of the time in the intervening years, whether we were visiting over President's Day weekend (which was horribly crowded), or late August (when crowds are lower than usual).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom