Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Vegas Disney Fan

There were basically no “good” rides available day of during prebooking prior

To assume now there will be is a belief that not enough people will buy it.

Possible

The problem is the standbys will get worst - again - and they have multiple breakdowns of damn near everything each day

Just badly run…nothing more you can say
If I can snag either Space or Big Thunder along with HM and PotC for that dreaded afternoon timeframe I’ll be thrilled, assuming it’s $20-25.

I agree it’s going to be hard to get good rides beyond that though, most of the rides I’d hope for after the initial 3 are on the tier 1 list and will likely be gone very early in the day.

JAB

Tiers weren’t “psychology”…they were a public admission that their attraction slate wasn’t good enough day to day to diffuse the demand so they all complimented each other.
My post was more about the unintended psychological effect of categorizing attractions (i.e. the Country Bears Effect) causing uninformed guests to assume higher-category attractions are "better," and not about any intentional psychology in Disney's implementation of tiers.

lentesta

Premium Member
Based on current G+ use and the new park tiers, here's an initial guess as to the most valuable LLMPs you could book in advance:

Magic Kingdom
  • First Tier: Tiana's Bayou Adventure, Jungle Cruise, or Peter Pan's Flight
  • Second Tier: Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear
  • We'd recommend the LLSP for 7DMT. In 2023, it was down around 1 day per week at rope drop. Buying the LLSP means you don't have to risk your valuable rope-drop time there, and simplifies your touring strategy. It would also allow you to rope-drop another First Tier attraction.
EPCOT
  • First Tier: Remy or Frozen (and rope-drop the other)
  • Second Tier: Mission: Space (orange) and Spaceship Earth. If not riding M:S, Living with the Land or The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Hollywood Studios
  • First Tier: Slinky Dog Dash (decent rope-drop might be RnRC or Railway)
  • Second Tier: Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania!
Animal Kingdom (not tiered)
  • Na'Vi River Journey, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris

ToTBellHop

If I can snag either Space or Big Thunder along with HM and PotC for that dreaded afternoon timeframe I’ll be thrilled, assuming it’s $20-25.

I agree it’s going to be hard to get good rides beyond that though, most of the rides I’d hope for after the initial 3 are on the tier 1 list and will likely be gone very early in the day.
For me, I will appreciate knowing I have some rides booked as this will inform my 8:30 am strategy. If I have those 3 booked, I can prioritize Space Mtn and perhaps sneak on Pooh en route to Jungle Cruise at 9.

Even better at DHS if I have SDD, ToT, and Midway Mania, I can then prioritize probably RnRC and MMRR at open (perhaps Rise but that’s such a crapshoot and I hate running all the way back there for it to be down).

I think this will make a DHS day better but still the most stressful park because it has too many big ticket rides that are routinely broken down.

Not personally planning on using it at Epcot and at DAK, we prefer getting the LL single for FoP and waiting for everything else.

Saskdw

This is why I think 7 am switch scramble may be moot, and it’s the refreshing and drop times after the parks open that may be the best bet. You’re right, availability was generally crap when you got close enough to the day but was workable if you knew how to mess with it during the day.
I think it will depend on the time of year.

On the average day how full would the Disney resorts be? Say it's 50%.

What portion of those people are willing to pay for the Multi pass? 1/2?

Using those numbers there should be lots of inventory for the power users.

If the resorts are full....which seems like a stretch for the next few years....then it's a different story.

ToTBellHop

If the resorts are full....which seems like a stretch for the next few years....then it's a different story.
If the resorts were ever half empty, WDW would be auctioned off.

Vegas Disney Fan

I feel like AK will be the easiest 3 to select, but also have the least 4th pick value, Navi, EE, and the Safaris are no brainers for us… after that I don’t think we’ll need it for anything else though.

EP will be a hard sell for us, other than Frozen I don’t think we’d need it for anything. It would probably be useful at HS but we’re skipping that park next vacation (not enough to do) so will worry about that in a couple years.

Even MK doesn’t have a ton of 4th pick necessity for us.

One of the benefits of being regular visitors (mostly at DL) is there’s not many must do rides for us, and most of them are ILL so it kind of makes Mulitpass unnecessary.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

If the hotels are at 50%…wait times at rides will be a moot point

DCLcruiser

Based on current G+ use and the new park tiers, here's an initial guess as to the most valuable LLMPs you could book in advance:

Magic Kingdom
  • First Tier: Tiana's Bayou Adventure, Jungle Cruise, or Peter Pan's Flight
  • Second Tier: Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear
  • We'd recommend the LLSP for 7DMT. In 2023, it was down around 1 day per week at rope drop. Buying the LLSP means you don't have to risk your valuable rope-drop time there, and simplifies your touring strategy. It would also allow you to rope-drop another First Tier attraction.
EPCOT
  • First Tier: Remy or Frozen (and rope-drop the other)
  • Second Tier: Mission: Space (orange) and Spaceship Earth. If not riding M:S, Living with the Land or The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Hollywood Studios
  • First Tier: Slinky Dog Dash (decent rope-drop might be RnRC or Railway)
  • Second Tier: Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania!
Animal Kingdom (not tiered)
  • Na'Vi River Journey, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris
Sounds like nothing has changed besides TBA. These are the literal top picks for the past how many years? Decades?

ConfettiCupcake

I’m so interested in how this is going to work and how much impact both ILL and cost in general have compared to FP+ days.

If memory serves those tier 2 standby times ballooned at Epcot when FP+ came into play. At least in this current version from what we know so far theoretically people should only be booking what they actually want to use.

Dranth

The only way this system doesn't fall apart is if they limit sales enough so that the power users don't ruin it for most guests like they did for FP+. Anyone think they will actually do that?

Had troubles getting a second or third T1 on G+? Just wait till you get to compete for the same number of overall slots but now people can hold three T1s at a time instead of one. They just tripled the amount of capacity eaten up by VQ at any one time and somehow that isn't going to be a problem?

Disney could of course increase the LL capacity to help counteract this but that is just going to make standby even worse.

Saskdw

Might be the results of now decades of lack of reinvestment?
Thus the reason for all out panic mode now.

It would take them at least 5 years to build Epic Universe and Universal is doing it in two years.
Almost overnight Universal has gone from a minor irritation for them to a serious problem.
And they have no quick way to fix it. We're going to see them throw a bunch of xxxx against the wall and see if anything sticks!!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The only way this system doesn't fall apart is if they limit sales enough so that the power users don't ruin it for most guests like they did for FP+. Anyone think they will actually do that?

Had troubles getting a second or third T1 on G+? Just wait till you get to compete for the same number of overall slots but now people can hold three T1s at a time instead of one. They just tripled the amount of capacity eaten up by VQ at any one time and somehow that isn't going to be a problem?

Disney could of course increase the LL capacity to help counteract this but that is just going to make standby even worse.
this is a paid system though unlike FP+ which everyone used... it will be in theory limited already more by that

...and just wait until the price increases

ToTBellHop

I think you have to assume you will get your initial 3 and then several Tier 2s before submitting your credit card info. If that feels worthwhile, then you'll be happy. Anyone thinking they will end up scoring all of the MK Tier 1s will end up angry. We will still need to wait in line. Express Pass lets you skip every line but it also costs hundreds of dollars for a family to use for a day.

I think their internal metrics suggest that between the reduction in DAS and the fact that LL costs money, it will be more successful than FP+ was. I would imagine they are correct long-term but I will be curious to see how things look in a year or two if people learn to game this and game DAS again...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom