Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Price aside and heck you can probably even include that i this question meaning price is same for both. FP vs Genie. Do you even think 20% would choose Genie over resort FP?

I think more than 20% because FP+ was sold as "1 headliner, plus 2 lower tier". Genie+ is sold as "any/all rides one time". Except for Magic Kingdom, where both systems work pretty well anyway and then it may come down to preference of locking in times in advance or taking them as they come to fit in with how your day is going.

Of course, reality isn't any/all rides but >20% probably don't realize that? Still, many would think "well, we'll at least get a few of the top rides." And they may be right depending on the day.

G00fyDad

My guess is he is referring to this:

Which is obviously not official Disney data, but is probably similar to what Len is seeing on his site.

I get your point but 20%. Where did that number come from on AllEars?

And don't get me wrong, I dislike this G$ garbage as much as the next person. My point is that he has this blinding rage for the program that causes him to just wildly make crap up and if you do not feel EXACTLY the same as he does then he calls you names and loses his mind on you.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Nah. It would be awful even if free.
Agreed the product is terrible and i dont know what people forgave about FP+. Maybe im in the minority but i doubt it. As a resort guest. You basically chose 3 rides to walk on at any time of the day then were able to keep choosing others. So you had to plan 60 days out considering dining was 180 days out this was a walk in the park ao to speak.

jinx8402

I get your point but 20%. Where did that number come from on AllEars?

And don't get me wrong, I dislike this G$ garbage as much as the next person. My point is that he has this blinding rage for the program that causes him to just wildly make crap up and if you do not feel EXACTLY the same as he does then he calls you names and loses his mind on you.
It is their own user base submitting reviews, which is why I said it is not official Disney survey data. Just like how you can submit reviews to TP and Len already commenting that their own user feedback is saying it is not well received.

Tha Realest

It's worse.
Okay. But what's the solution going forward? They've invested too much money, and, they're likely making too much money to walk away from it. Operationally they're in a bind. Do they start to do something where it's free for resort guests, but have to be purchased by others? I get everyone hates it, but...what's the path forward/alternatives?

Jrb1979

Okay. But what's the solution going forward? They've invested too much money, and, they're likely making too much money to walk away from it. Operationally they're in a bind. Do they start to do something where it's free for resort guests, but have to be purchased by others? I get everyone hates it, but...what's the path forward/alternatives?
If they actually do cap sales, I think that's a big fix. There no solution that involves Genie+ being available to everyone. It doesn't work with that many people.

nickys

Premium Member
If you go back in this thread to where the changes were announced, there have been several suggestions, along with pages of bickering about G+ vs FP+. Starts around page 677. In summary it seems that any major changes won’t happen until 2023 and that nothing is off the table - they’re going back to the drawing board.

I wonder if they’ll pick up some of the ideas that were being discussed even before the shut down. For those we’d have to go back to the “Replacement of FP+“ thread, where Martin posted some of the then-current thinking.

lentesta

Premium Member

I think they're trying to thread the needle here:
  1. Don't give up the G+/ILL revenue at their current level
  2. Figure out how to improve satisfaction
A couple of things seem fairly straighforward:
  • Allow guests to sign up for G+ the day before using it, instead of staying up until midnight.

• Make the "time to obtain" for G+ and ILL different, so you don't have to do two things at 7 a.m. This is so blindingly obvious that I don't understand why it hasn't been done.

• Guarantee that the G+ return time you're offered is the one you get. No more of this "Show 10 a.m. availabilty" and then "Come back at 6 p.m." when you actually complete the purchase.

I think this one is more difficult because of the way they implemented G+ purchases. Using a shopping cart model instead of the old FP+ system (or, you know, what every concert ticket vendor does) is just baffling. It's such bad user expereince that I don't know how it got through QA.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
If you go back in this thread to where the changes were announced, there have been several suggestions, along with pages of bickering about G+ vs FP+. Starts around page 677. In summary it seems that any major changes won’t happen until 2023 and that nothing is off the table - they’re going back to the drawing board.

I wonder if they’ll pick up some of the ideas that were being discussed even before the shut down. For those we’d have to go back to the “Replacement of FP+“ thread, where Martin posted some of the then-current thinking.

Im curious as to why any "change" needs to wait until 2023. I have zero IT knowledge whatsoever but genie cant be tweaked to worked similar to how FP+ worked?

pdude81

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the "packages" show up as a future option. However, there is still the problem of scheduling so they aren't overrun by people only trying to use the packages standby lines are longest. Otherwise honestly I think they're going to have to bring the "tiers" back. That to me is the only viable solution in the short term. And I don't mean putting the ILL back into regular inventory, as that money I expect they will keep. Limit G+ somewhat and allow for one "Tier 1" per day for free. Want to unlock another "Tier 1" from the regular G+ inventory? $10 more. Similarly they could make it so that you could only hold 1 Tier 1 at a given time, so if you had a Slinky for 5pm then you couldn't also pick up a MFSR for 12:30.

Ultimately, of course, they need to build more attractions at DAK and DHS but that's going to take some time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom