Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

LittleBuford

But it was millions of “individual decisions” that lead to that.
Yours included. You are as guilty as the rest of us (if we’re really going to frame it in those terms, which I’d prefer not to). The only people with a right—a questionable one at that—to call others’ Disney spending selfish are those who have, out of principle, truly stopped funding the machine until things get better. You are not in that category, and so your criticisms carry no weight.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yours included. You are as guilty as the rest of us (if we’re really going to frame it in those terms, which I’d prefer not to). The only people with a right—a questionable one at that—to call others’ Disney spending selfish are those who have, out of principle, truly stopped funding the machine until things get better. You are not in that category, and so your criticisms carry no weight.
I invite you to find an instance where I deflect or deny my actions - repeat business - as part of the problem.

You won’t…I never put it on anyone until AFTER it’s on me first. I don’t believe in glass houses.

LittleBuford

I invite you to find an instance where I deflect or deny my actions - repeat business - as part of the problem.

You won’t…I never put it on anyone until AFTER it’s on me first. I don’t believe in glass houses.
I salute you for your self-awareness, but then what’s the point of all your admonitions? Are you trying to bring about change (and if so, what exactly?), or just blowing off some steam about a situation that you, too, are helping to sustain?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Completely agree with that….but do we have any numbers on the crowds now vs the crowds then or what is closed or consuming less people now vs what was then?

It makes sense but there have also been things added since Fp+ along with park reservations limiting people plus international travel isn’t back where it used to be yet so I just wonder how close or off it may be to know if we are comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges

Either way it’s a poison apple Disney has placed on a platter for everyone and we are taking the bait
The aggregate travel to central Florida has increased on a consistent, Predictable trajectory since 1970…it is temporarily interrupted by recessions, but it always has recouped temporary losses and climbed higher.

It’s the ease of travel particularly air, the increase in spending more on disposable and leisure, the climb of consumer debt and decline in savings practices, movement of the larger baby boomers generation to Florida to follow their gone parents, and a net increase when all the competitors for leisure add…rising tide lifts all boats.

What didn’t happen at Disney is they didn’t stay ahead of it…they analyzed the flex capacity they had in the early 00’s and decided it had no value as extra/overflow space…so they used it up and exceeded it by not investing more, sooner, quicker.

Built timeshare blocks to house a program that wasn’t designed for “large crowds” in parks 300+ Days a year.

That’s the tale of the tape.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I salute you for your self-awareness, but then what’s the point of all your admonitions? Are you trying to bring about change (and if so, what exactly?), or just blowing off some steam about a situation that you, too, are helping to sustain?
Like a March to “kill the beast?”

…I had considered it 🤔

I struggle with washing my hands of the place the same as many of the long timers do…and even many of the Praets now openly grumble about (including on this thread)

I don’t consume as I once did…but it hasn’t slowed the tide much for my part.

So at some point I’ll break. I’m almost at my “goal” on the board anyway…and I’ll shuffle off.

You won’t have to deal with me…someone else will answer the “why can’t they just go back to fastpass+?!?” Rants…
They will lie to you though…I give the courtesy of not doing that.

Chi84

Premium Member
As far as I can tell it’s okay to give Disney money as long as you understand and freely admit that you are not being smart and you feel bad about yourself for going there. Seems odd to me, but as I said people are different.

LittleBuford

You won’t have to deal with me…someone else will answer the “why can’t they just go back to fastpass+?!?” Rants…
They will lie to you though…I give the courtesy of not doing that.
With all due respect, I’m not looking for some great “truth”, whether from you or anyone else. Some of us liked FP+ and want it back, while some of us didn’t and don’t. Nothing you say is going to change how I, personally, feel about FP+, because my feelings are based on my own lived experiences. Nor is there much sense in your trying to convert me given that FP+ is gone and (my own wishes notwithstanding) never coming back.

We’re just a group of WDW fans sharing thoughts and opinions, not philosophers or ethicists.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Here here…

And I think that’s what Lazy is trying to say in the end…

Every suggestion of “simple…just do ____” is a declaration that won’t work because it’s not understanding the fundamental math problem that they can get by with ops tricks/direction. That is what these queuing systems are: misdirection to try and balance the load.

What’s disappointing is Disney was EXCELLENT at that…they practically invented it. They’re so bad at it now. Just lost the edge because they decided theme park realities don’t have to be adhered too any longer as money priorities changed.

In 2000 all the hotel rooms were filled and they estimated 44,000,000 gate clicks
In 2019 all rooms were not filled and they estimated around $55,000,000

Disney has attempted to tell themselves that a “missing component” isn’t the issue…because it will cost them more money to make money. Blue sky.
Company refuses to just build some simple solid attractions that will eat up people… its still baffling to me that Stitch is still vacant. Still baffling to me we still have an empty pavilion in Epcot. Still baffling how after all the money they have spent HS & AK is still under built. Again the list is endless. They have created a system where they can literally get their investment back literally in no time with them charging for all these new rides not even counting the additional people and upping ticket prices. What other theme park can say that yet somehow they are missing this…. If anything they should be building fast and furious. Listen dont get me wrong im not a fan of paying additional fees to ride an attraction ive technically Aready paid for but they are easily getting away with it so how they arent striking while its hot i have no idea… again sadly i truly think they are just looking to “survive” with what they are building now opening soon. Use Tiana as another ad to get people in and then take whatever sloppy seconds they can get from Uni when they open up their new park. Then figure out what big thing they have have built say in 2026/2027…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With all due respect, I’m not looking for some great “truth”, whether from you or anyone else. Some of us liked FP+ and want it back, while some of us didn’t and don’t. Nothing you say is going to change how I, personally, feel about FP+, because my feelings are based on my own lived experiences. Nor is there much sense in your trying to convert me given that FP+ is gone and (my own wishes notwithstanding) never coming back.

We’re just a group of WDW fans sharing thoughts and opinions, not philosophers or ethicists.
Why are you on a discussion board not looking for discussion?

Prebooked fast passes are gone as you knew them. Doneski.

Now we can move on and do more productive things. Sorry for my confusion as to where I am?..,it happens all the time.

Chi84

Premium Member

There’s a great deal of (completely unwarranted) arrogance being displayed in some of the posts here. I’m not a fan of it either. I suspect that responding is just feeding the beast so maybe it’s best to move on.

TheMaxRebo

Completely agree with that….but do we have any numbers on the crowds now vs the crowds then or what is closed or consuming less people now vs what was then?

It makes sense but there have also been things added since Fp+ along with park reservations limiting people plus international travel isn’t back where it used to be yet so I just wonder how close or off it may be to know if we are comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges

Either way it’s a poison apple Disney has placed on a platter for everyone and we are taking the bait

Not sure if any public info is out on crowds now compared to before, beyond Chapek saying they are still capping things (but the parks vere basically never at 100% full anyway - so capping vs what?)

As for what is open/closed now vs then, there is the Disney Comeback Index which has tracked everything comparing it to what was open prior to the pandemic

It sits at 88.11% so still over 10% to go (biggest gap remains in entertainment)

Screenshot_20220807-203250.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom