Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Thepuma

Exactly!

If you book an ILL or LL for a second park and you don’t have a hopper you’re SOL. You should be able to get a refund on your ILL if you queue at Guest Services.
For me, it 'may' have allowed me to book a LL at another park because I have a hopper option on my tickets.

When I test it later this week I'm going to make sure I make a reservation at one park and get a morning paid LL at a different park and see what happens.

In this instance I see no other result than Disney having to grant you access to the LL park also to be able to use your LL.

I will report back

Last edited:

Thepuma

Just like with FP+ the onus is on you to have an AP or a hopper. Like we’ve said, even if you select a noon ILL time for FoP the system will give you a return time of after 2pm.

Are you 100% sure?

I will definitely test this out....even just to satisfy my curiosity lol

nickys

Premium Member
For me, it 'may' have allowed me to book a LL at another park because I have a hopper option on my tickets.

When I test it later this week I'm going to make sure I make a reservation at one park and get a morning paid LL at a different park and see ehat happens

In this instance I see no other result than Disney having to grant you access to the LL park also to be able to use your LL.

I will report back
I don’t know if the system is clever enough to check you have a hopper before allowing you to buy an ILL at a second park. I doubt it to be honest.

If someone did do that then Guest Services would have to refund you. Or they would happily upgrade your ticket to a hopper if you are willing to pay.

Chi84

Premium Member

When I test it later this week I'm going to make sure I make a reservation at one park and get a morning paid LL at a different park and see ehat happens

I will report back
I'm not sure why you think Disney has to let you into a park you don't have access to simply because you chose to buy an ILL in that park. It makes no sense. People could park hop free every day of their trip just by buying an ILL in another park.

Disney expects people to know that they need to have access to a park before making plans in that park. They will let you book a dining reservation for 10 people and charge you a $100 no-show fee if you don't have access to the park.

I agree with @nickys. Guests will make mistakes, but Disney does not handle them by automatically changing park reservations or giving them access to parks they haven't paid to get into. I'm sure you could go to guest services, explain the mistake, and they would give you a refund.

Thepuma

I'm not sure why you think Disney has to let you into a park you don't have access to simply because you chose to buy an ILL in that park. It makes no sense. People could park hop free every day of their trip just by buying an ILL in another park.

Disney expects people to know that they need to have access to a park before making plans in that park. They will let you book a dining reservation for 10 people and charge you a $100 no-show fee if you don't have access to the park.

I agree with @nickys. Guests will make mistakes, but Disney does not handle them by automatically changing park reservations or giving them access to parks they haven't paid to get into. I'm sure you could go to guest services, explain the mistake, and they would give you a refund.

Well, we will find out soon as I will be replicating what I did before and seeing if the reservation changes again.

Will be interesting to find out for sure.

Thepuma

I agree with @nickys. Guests will make mistakes, but Disney does not handle them by automatically changing park reservations or giving them access to parks they haven't paid to get into.
If you have a park hopper ticket you have technically paid to get into any and all parks. The paying is not the problem, its the reservation.

Chi84

Premium Member
If you have a park hopper ticket you have technically paid to get into any and all parks. The paying is not the problem, its the reservation.
But you don’t need a park reservation to get into a second park using a park hopper ticket. In fact, people have been allowed in even when the second park is at capacity. You can hop to more than one park. That’s the whole point. There would be no reason for Disney to give you a park reservation to the second, third or fourth park. If you didn’t buy an ILL Disney would have no idea what park you’re going to until you scan in.

Thepuma

But you don’t need a park reservation to get into a second park using a park hopper ticket. In fact, people have been allowed in even when the second park is at capacity. You can hop to more than one park. That’s the whole point. There would be no reason for Disney to give you a park reservation to the second, third or fourth park. If you didn’t buy an ILL Disney would have no idea what park you’re going to until you scan in.
I think my point was more that, if you bought a LL for before 2pm to a park you haven't got the reservation for. But as I say, I'll be testing this again this week.

Has anyone ever not been able to park hop to another park..capacity or not? Its a given that when you have a reservation, you can park hop regardless how busy the 2nd park is.

Thepuma

But your post said they wouldn't let you into a park you hasn't paid to get into..but if you have a hopper ticket you have paid.

Chi84

Premium Member
But your post said they wouldn't let you into a park you hasn't paid to get into..but if you have a hopper ticket you have paid.
You paid to get in after 2 pm. If Disney is letting you in earlier than that, they are giving you access you haven’t paid for. But according to others, that’s not even possible.

Well this is no longer productive. I don’t know what happened to your park reservation, but I doubt Disney changed it from MK to AK based on your purchase of an ILL. That scenario just doesn’t make sense.

nickys

Premium Member
Has anyone ever not been able to park hop to another park..capacity or not? Its a given that when you have a reservation, you can park hop regardless how busy the 2nd park is.
This has happened just once as far as I know. At MK on Oct 1st they suspended park hopping for a couple of hours or so, before enough people left the park that they started letting park hopping guests in.

Thepuma

You paid to get in after 2 pm. If Disney is letting you in earlier than that, they are giving you access you haven’t paid for. But according to others, that’s not even possible.

Well this is no longer productive. I don’t know what happened to your park reservation, but I doubt Disney changed it from MK to AK based on your purchase of an ILL. That scenario just doesn’t make sense.
But you don't pay to have access, the reservation is free...the park payment has already been done. If you have hopper you've paid for every park

Thepuma

It does really make sense when you think about it - ie if we have a paid LL for FoP but no park reservation fornthat park, its logical they give access to that park to use it.

But yeah, I know Disney don't always use logic so hey, I will find out tomorrow when I test this further.

IMDREW

This is getting bad. So to ride Guardians, one must buy a park ticket, get a park reservation for Epcot, be lucky enough to book a boarding group at 7 am or pay for a LL if that's even still available by the time you went through all this.

Do the parks now really feel that less crowded? I mean, thats's what they keep saying is the effect of all of this right? A less busy feeling park? Because the wait times surely don't seem to show that.

pdude81

This is getting bad. So to ride Guardians, one must buy a park ticket, get a park reservation for Epcot, be lucky enough to book a boarding group at 7 am or pay for a LL if that's even still available by the time you went through all this.

Do the parks now really feel that less crowded? I mean, thats's what they keep saying is the effect of all of this right? A less busy feeling park? Because the wait times surely don't seem to show that.
If you have hoppers you can try for ILL any day. Otherwise it's the same progression as ROTR and Remy at launch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom