Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

tallica

…says someone who obviously has never had a bear snooping around their camp in Yellowstone at night
Actually last Summer I was charged by a Grizzly Bear known as 610 in Grand Teton National Park. She surprised me as I was walking in a developed area. She got within 20ft before sliding to a stop and then slowly turned around. I was still shaking two hours later. Beats any thrill ride in the world.

JusticeDisney

WOW are you out of touch. UO didnt have near the problem putting up 2 Coasters in the time WDW cant finish 1
And you clearly struggle with reading comprehension. I simply pointed out that Disney has added and is adding some new attractions, which was contrary to the post to which I was responding. Try to keep up.

MrPromey

Ohhhh!!!! Pick me!!!

“The Walt Disney company”?
Create the problem by refusing to reinvest like you need to, then charge for the solution to said problem rather than reinvest like you should in the service of your paying guests.

And before someone responds with the construction in progress, yes, yes, we all know Disney has finally started to work on this with some things that aren't replacements of existing attractions but they'll be nowhere close to where they would have been if they'd been adding to keep up with demand and should be at this point today and some of this partial catch-up is still years away from completion.

I can't wait to see what kind of people-eater Journey of Water ends up being. 🙄

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Covid is an excuse. Even with Covid, the construction time of Guardians, a single indoor coaster, and Universals new hotel, theme park, and dining and shopping complex are almost exactly the same.

The degree to which WDW is milking the pandemic - as an excuse for delayed rides and by ruthlessly exploiting pent-up demand from a desperate public through price gouging - is bordering on the offensively tasteless.
Again, that has nothing to do with the point I made.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually last Summer I was charged by a Grizzly Bear known as 610 in Grand Teton National Park. She surprised me as I was walking in a developed area. She got within 20ft before sliding to a stop and then slowly turned around. I was still shaking two hours. Beats any thrill ride in the world.
Yeah…a brown bear is no joke 🐻

JusticeDisney

Yet it’s a fact that takes the effectiveness out of your “praise” for building.

case in point: it’s been going on 3 years since they started anything new…so when’s that coming?

the gap is already growing again
I didn’t praise a thing. I just pointed out that Disney is adding new rides. And they are.

Are you feeling okay?

Hcalvert

I'm a DAS user due to having a garbage immune system that hulked out on my digestive system leaving me with a body that gives VERY little warning before I need to find a restroom. So what's Disney going to do if I have a better day than I expected, health wise? Sorry, ma'am you didn't sprint to a bathroom enough today, banned for life? Like do I mostly use DAS when traveling with friends? Yes. Do I mostly only bother with attractions when traveling with friends? Also yes. I live near the parks. If it's just me I'm likely camped out on a bench somewhere with a book enjoying the atmosphere. The only time I go on rides is when I have someone to share the experience with. This just added a new layer of stress for me.
What's really sad is that the people who geninuely need DAS are the ones worried about being called out and banned. The people who are gaming the system will carry on with their business like usual and will be stress-free about it.

I hate to say it, but the two pre-planned DAS passes are a game changer for some and will most likely cause more people to attempt to game the system and claim fake disabilities. I fear Disney will then drop the two pre-planned DAS passes when there is an upsurge in people requesting a DAS pass and thus ruining this opportunity for those that genuinely need DAS and could benefit from a little pre-planning that could relieve some stress for them. This entire situation is a catch 22 for Disney and unless they are permitted to ask for proof of disability (which I know they cannot), then there is really nothing they can do to stop the abuse of the system other than give empty threats of banning and use the honor system like they are now.

Waters Back Side

It's more than a little disgusting. Reminds me of when the "stroller-wagons" were banned and the afternoon wine moms were encouraging each other to lie about disabilities.

Just like prior though some people can end up making out but that is only if they were never against paying for after hours events and upsold entertainment.

I'll give another example...some would never be interested in this but..there was a Frozen Ever After dessert party. It included the fireworks as well but many went just for the Frozen ride. Its was 89 dollars a person. For a family of 4 that's $356 dollars.

For $96 dollars (a party of 4 * 24 dollars) you can buy a front of line access for Frozen Ever After. And in addition for 15 dollars a person (60 dollars total) you still get a 7am first choice of a genie plus Lightning Pass.You could chose Soarin, and then later get another LP for a ride.

So essentially for $60 plus $96 dollars ($156 total) you get 2 rides that were once headliners.

So therefore..Disney is hurting themself...instead of getting $356 for people that were willing to pay for a dessert party for quick ride access, nowbade paying $156.

Casper Gutman

Again, that has nothing to do with the point I made.
You're using covid as an excuse. That is a direct response to something you said.

And when people talk about Disney's refusal to add attractions, especially in conversations about crowd control technology, they are talking about increasing capacity.

You are also desperately trying to avoid larger context.

wutisgood

Genie sounds like it will be self-defeating. The value of Touring Plans is that they keep you away from everyone else. If everyone is using Genie, wouldn't they all get the same advice? Unless Disney is intentionally going to screw some guests over for the benefit of others. Either way, doesn't sound all that valuable.
Remember MM+ was really about getting better guest data so disney could be confident in raising prices and adding upcharges without too much pushback from guests opening their wallets. There is going to be no real transparency about who disney is allocating capacity or pricing to screw guests.

The good people at touring plans were the ones who had the data to tell that disney was cutting staffing and increasing wait times intentionally some time ago. I don't trust disney at all. It will be interesting to compare from touring plans old plans vs how much I can do with the new system. I certainly will let them figure it out before I make any decisions on returning to wdw.
I don't think Disney gives a Rats a** about long lines. Increasing capacity that does not compensate for the amount of entertainment options proves that. Along with the fact, you know as well as I theh were never going to solve the line wait problems completely. Maybe the best they could do is slightly improve it. Not to mention, the paid genie + rides will be a shorter line.

This is about them making money. We care about the line issues. Disney does not.
Disney is actually creating long lines intentionally from the onset of the day with this system on top of limited capacity to get people paying to skip them ASAP. I remember a few years ago at horror nights I was able to walk fairly quickly up to the first few houses because there was no point in anyone using express early as they fast tracked the lines until more people came in. Then they started to make all the normal guests walk the whole huge empty queue. By the time you got to the house it was already backed up by express users who now didn't want to walk through the line that amount of lost time early made a real significant different in the ability to get everything done without express.

My thing is anything extra on top of the most expensive parks in the world is a ripoff at this point. If tickets were cheaper maybe I could justify the premiums but here we are with disney trying to double dip. I mean I can justify it solo for a few days even though I don't like it but I have no idea how the heck a lot of people with families put up with this.

The lamest thing is people trying to blame DAS people for abusing the system. First of all you can't tell the difference between people using DAS vs fastpasses/freebies/vips most of the time as the mostly just use the fastpass line anyways. Second they are such an insignificant amount of people in the scheme of things they don't greatly alter the wait times. Blame Disney for the capacity problem they created not other people.

ImperfectPixie

Just like prior though some people can end up making out but that is only if they were never against paying for after hours events and upsold entertainment.

I'll give another example...some would never be interested in this but..there was a Frozen Ever After dessert party. It included the fireworks as well but many went just for the Frozen ride. Its was 89 dollars a person. For a family of 4 that's $356 dollars.

For $96 dollars (a party of 4 * 24 dollars) you can buy a front of line access for Frozen Ever After. And in addition for 15 dollars a person (60 dollars total) you still get a 7am first choice of a genie plus Lightning Pass.You could chose Soarin, and then later get another LP for a ride.

So essentially for $60 plus $96 dollars ($156 total) you get 2 rides that were once headliners.

So therefore..Disney is hurting themself...instead of getting $356 for people that were willing to pay for a dessert party for quick ride access, nowbade paying $156.
What does any of this have to do with people lying about disabilities?

JusticeDisney

But they’re really not. Net gains in all this grand bluster have been the 2
Avatar rides, tron and rat…rest were plunked in repurposed guest space
Look, i don’t know how else to say this to you. I saw a post which claimed that Disney is avoiding adding new attractions. I simply pointed out how untrue that statement is, by citing a bunch of new attractions that were added or are being added. I said nothing more and nothing less, and what I said is a fact. Is what it is, my friend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom