Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

pdude81

IIRC: Rise, WEB, Racers, and either Space or Indy (I’ve been getting mixed reports)

Also, I believe WDW’s final number is actually either 6 or 7
Have you any estimate as to when this might roll out in Anaheim? They announced both at the same time and said "Fall", but no lightning lane signs seem to be showing up on the west coast.

G00fyDad

It's September 16th. (you're welcome if you didn't know)

They can't possibly be starting this until 10/11 or later - because otherwise they'd be dropping it on people 2 weeks ahead of time? People need to budget if they are purchasing for a bigger family. Heck, even a smaller one.

This is getting kind of crappy.

You're assuming Disney even cares. They do not.

Patcheslee

No need for some optional paid service to have a long lead time when none of it is scheduled, and not changing what people have already committed to do/lock-in. They could roll this out starting just days ahead. I'm sure they will give it more time just so people KNOW (and hence be ready to buy) but they don't need to have a long lead in.
Maybe it's intentionally being done like that so they have lower demand at launch than if people have time to prepare.

pdude81

Any idea of what the 6 or 7 are? The obvious ones are Rise, Rat, 7DMT, SM, FoP... Beyond that, SDD? MMRR? TT? FEA?
SDD would have to be one, and I'd guess Test track would have to be

I'd set it up as 7DMT, SM until Tron, TT, Rat, Rise, SDD, FOP if kept to 7. And honestly I wouldn't bother with SM or Rat as SM could just be part of the Genie+ and Rat can live with BG and then Genie+ after. When Tron and Guardians open, they slide into IAS without displacing anything.

mikejs78

Premium Member
SDD would have to be one, and I'd guess Test track would have to be

I'd set it up as 7DMT, SM until Tron, TT, Rat, Rise, SDD, FOP if kept to 7. And honestly I wouldn't bother with SM or Rat as SM could just be part of the Genie+ and Rat can live with BG and then Genie+ after. When Tron and Guardians open, they slide into IAS without displacing anything.
I think they've already said Rat was part of it. I could see them leaving out SM and TT in order to just slot in Tron and Guardians as you said... Or just have Rat and FoP in Epcot and AK respectively because those parks are light on attractions, and they also want to push G+.

Patcheslee

Well now. I wonder how this factors in: https:///2021/09/rise-of-the-resistance-standby-queue-disney-world-ba1/

Standby queue starting in a week
Maybe they can't fully integrate the Genie without a temporary pause to the VQ beforehand? Any technology wizards out there know?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Standby requires very little tech, while VQ uses a lot. I think they're having issues with both VQ and Genie+ being online at the same time.
I don't think that's it.. They are adding it for Rat on October 1. It's probably more likely that right now boarding groups aren't needed as they've been available throughout the day.

pdude81

I don't think that's it.. They are adding it for Rat on October 1. It's probably more likely that right now boarding groups aren't needed as they've been available throughout the day.
Boarding Groups don't have specific return times though and IAS is scheduled. They either need to change the BG process to scheduled entry times or integrate two things that are not alike. Plus sharing the overall ride capacity among these two systems.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Boarding Groups don't have specific return times though and IAS is scheduled. They either need to change the BG process to scheduled entry times or integrate two things that are not alike. Plus sharing the overall ride capacity among these two systems.
Right but my point is they are doing it for Rat already, so why not Rise?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think Disney is just setting up Standby because for the first time since opening... the Ride isn't saturating the boarding group model.

I bet standby goes away as soon as the crowds return.

DisneyDodo

The lack of return times for BGs would make it easier to integrate since they could just work around the IAS bookings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom