Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was a “bug” for my family too. Genie+ really changed how we dine as well. Between the forced flexibility it made us have, and the extra cost, it was easy to cut out the ever increasing cost of scheduled sit down meals. We used to do at least one a day, sometimes two. We cut that significantly and most days we just do quick service. We shifted spending to some degree instead of just spending more where Genie+ came on the scene.
Which is about a net zero…brilliant management

It’s even worse if shopping has declined overall…

bwr827

It was a “bug” for my family too. Genie+ really changed how we dine as well. Between the forced flexibility it made us have, and the extra cost, it was easy to cut out the ever increasing cost of scheduled sit down meals. We used to do at least one a day, sometimes two. We cut that significantly and most days we just do quick service. We shifted spending to some degree instead of just spending more where Genie+ came on the scene.
Same. The worst couple of hours from our last trip involved stress from three factors that all coincided: ADR for Space 220, ILL for Guardians, and Genie for Soarin’.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Same. The worst couple of hours from our last trip involved stress from three factors that all coincided: ADR for Space 220, ILL for Guardians, and Genie for Soarin’.
Disney wishes they could clone you

They wish they could exterminate me…spending decades there to the tune of maybe 7 figures?

easyrowrdw

I realize that this negatively affects the general population at Disney. However, from someone that knows the ins and outs of Geine plus, the more things on it the better.
I still don't think it's a good as FP+ (or at least it's not as effective for my family), but it has worked better for us than when it first started. But they really need to get rid of the one ride limit. It sucks. We've never used Genie+ at Epcot though. Maybe we would if we could use it repeatedly at Test Track lol
This can be pretty stressful indeed. Thankfully, I've found the CMs to be pretty forgiving on return times.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still don't think it's a good as FP+ (or at least it's not as effective for my family), but it has worked better for us than when it first started. But they really need to get rid of the one ride limit. It sucks. We've never used Genie+ at Epcot though. Maybe we would if we could use it repeatedly at Test Track lol
Neither work…the proof are the restrictions put into place in plain view

It’s a numbers problem

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It did work for some, just like G+ works for some. My "worst" Disney trip was in October of 2021 a few days/weeks before G+ launched and everything was standby... I don't think I would have come back if they didn't implement something I could afford.
From a logistics/operation standpoint…neither ever worked.

Bad looks all around

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry I guess we were talking about different things. I agree FP+ and G+ do not work logistically/operationally from the parks perspective. I was saying for an individual G+ and FP+ did/does work.
When you break out the habits/patterns that came about…especially the weaknesses exposed…we were all better off with paper fastpass

So was Disney

Purduevian

When you break out the habits/patterns that came about…especially the weaknesses exposed…we were all better off with paper fastpass

So was Disney
I will push back on that again. The majority of people were better off with paper FP or standby only. Not "all" of us were better off under the old systems. I've broken down my days here before, and there is no way some of those could have happened in the old paper fast pass days even if all standby lines were cut significantly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will push back on that again. The majority of people were better off with paper FP or standby only. Not "all" of us were better off under the old systems. I've broken down my days here before, and there is no way some of those could have happened in the old paper fast pass days even if all standby lines were cut significantly.
…needs of the many…over the few

Purduevian

…needs of the many…over the few
In the words of Rihanna "I'm friends with the monster". I am again saying for me personally the systems works very well, and I get more out of my Disney World trip. I know my experience is not that of the average park goer.

So, some of us were actually worse off with the old FP system vs FP+ and even G+.

If Disney chooses to change the system, I will adapt again to maximize its use within the rules.

C33Mom

If Disney chooses to change the system, I will adapt again to maximize its use within the rules.
Tom Bricker responded to a commenter on his blog this week to the effect of “you’ll be happy with the upcoming changes” (paraphrasing)— have any of the experts on this board predicted what will be changing and/or when it’s likely to happen? I was hoping it would be before of Feb 2024 trip and now I’m just praying it’s before our holiday trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom