Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

allgiggles

I am truly happy your trip was great. I apologize that my post illicited strong emotions from you as I never intended to offend. I love a Disney vacation as much as the next- my post implied that as far as line skipping goes, Universal does it better. And I still runDisney on the regular.

I still visit Disney fairly regularly, but I am there solely to run their races and visit Parks with a gifted free ticket. As such, I purchase Genie+ and, for my tastes, it is always so annoying.

But I am still a huge proponent of Resort stays, dining, recreation, water parks, and runDisney. All the stuff outside of the Genie+ bubble.

Thank you for your response :)

No worries. I should have waited to respond to your post so that I had more time to think about how to say what I wanted to say (I was getting ready to run out the door to a meeting that I knew would be stressful and would last a few hours. Not a good time to respond to a post on a message board. :D). And my vent wasn't (or at least shouldn't have appeared to be) directed at you personally. I just get frustrated when people (again, not directed at you personally -- broad generalization) are constantly saying something along the lines of "Go to Universal. It's so much better. They have a better "skip-the-line" feature/option and better hotels, food, whatever." (Major paraphrase there) There are many of us who have no desire to go to Universal. It's not so much that we (general "we", not just my family) feel that Disney is far superior and no other park can compare. It's that Universal doesn't appeal to us for various reasons. For me personally (as I mentioned in a previous post), I can't really do thrill rides and roller coasters anymore, and while I know Universal has more than just those things, looking at their website, I don't think there are enough other things there to make it worth the price of admission for me (I'm also not a Harry Potter fan so that's not a draw for me either). No big deal -- there are a lot of other amusement parks I won't go to anymore due to there not being enough things there for me to do. So to me, there really isn't a comparison between the two parks and their corresponding skip-the-line programs since Universal isn't an option for me. The "go to Universal instead" comments have gotten to be a common comment from people who do not like G+ (and it's ok not to like it. I understand and agree with many of the comments, but I still managed to have great success with it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I felt the previous $15/day was a fair price, but free was better.). To me, it's like saying, "The seafood at this restaurant is fabulous, it's so much better than the steak at that restaurant. And the seafood entrees are less expensive and a much nicer presentation and atmosphere than that restaurant. You need to have the seafood at this restaurant!" Well, if someone doesn't like seafood, there's no desire or point in going to that seafood restaurant no matter how inexpensive it is or how lovely the food presentation is.

I'm glad there are plenty of options when it comes to amusement/theme parks and we can all do what best suits our family financially and logistically. I don't begrudge people going to Universal. I'm sure if I was 20 years younger and still able to do all the coasters and thrill rides, I'd be headed there as well and taking advantage of their skip-the-line options. :)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and the Multiple Parks option for Genie+ have sold out for the day. Magic Kingdom/Multiple Parks sold out around 8:30am.

IMG_EE078ABE2CB2-1.jpeg

Basil of Baker Street

I was there last week. It was fairly busy but not unmanageable. We purchased G+ for MK and I got my moneys worth. We rode pretty everything but JC and the spinners.

As far as the other parks, we would just go later in the evening and get everything done. We did smugglers as a single rider walk on and Rise was about a 30 minute wait before close. We took advantage of Test Track and Everest's SR lines as well riding multiple times. Flight of Passage was a 48 min wait before close the night we did it. Epcot waits weren't bad either. If you don't have little ones and and stay out a little late, save your money.

Disstevefan1

I was there last week. It was fairly busy but not unmanageable. We purchased G+ for MK and I got my moneys worth. We rode pretty everything but JC and the spinners.

As far as the other parks, we would just go later in the evening and get everything done. We did smugglers as a single rider walk on and Rise was about a 30 minute wait before close. We took advantage of Test Track and Everest's SR lines as well riding multiple times. Flight of Passage was a 48 min wait before close the night we did it. Epcot waits weren't bad either. If you don't have little ones and and stay out a little late, save your money.
Its sad that in this day and age folks cant get on the Jungle Cruise. Very Sad.

Basil of Baker Street

Its sad that in this day and age folks cant get on the Jungle Cruise. Very Sad.
Yeah. Lightning Lanes run out on that one pretty quick for some reason. I don't get it. We were stacking and PP and Space were our priority. We didn't enter the park till 2ish. We could have entered the queue at close but the line looked long and I was tired. Ear Scouts has some good videos on G+ if anyone is interested.

Purduevian

Not only that, but since the movie came out, the times that I have been on it, most of the people just sit there, not appreciating the humor and ride for what it is.
I like the ride, but honestly its my ~#14 ranked attraction in MK (I know super subjective). Combine that with the low capacity, and quick G+ sell out. I only ride it if it randomly comes up on LL while I'm refreshing. I do think a better audio system would do wonders for the ride as half the time I can't even fully hear the skipper.

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah that I agree with. That experience is already so dependent upon the skipper and if you can’t hear the jokes…
Most of the passengers don’t even realise the skipper is telling jokes, or they do but keep on talking amongst themselves anyway. A better audio system might help there, but if English isn’t a guest’s primary language it doesn’t help.

The other issue is that the jokes come thick and fast. If you try to actually look at anything, the skipper is onto the next joke already.

Dranth

I do think a better audio system would do wonders for the ride as half the time I can't even fully hear the skipper.
Glad it is not just me. The last few years I have had a terrible time trying to understand the skippers. They sound muffled and incomprehensible many times. I’m sure at least part of it is my hearing getting worse but the audio on board needs work.

Purduevian

Glad it is not just me. The last few years I have had a terrible time trying to understand the skippers. They sound muffled and incomprehensible many times. I’m sure at least part of it is my hearing getting worse but the audio on board needs work.
It's a combination of an aging sound system and louder guests I think. Again person opinion though even if I could hear the skipper perfectly I just don't think it would be something I would wait more than 30ish minutes for. However, I do prioritize it on LL every time simply due to FOMO.

Gringrinngghost

Saw a rumor that WDW is switching to a third party for DAS in as little as two weeks.
And people are already up in arms about it. How are a company willing to make accommodations ask for legitimate proof and not hear a rundown from a WebMD symptom checker.

As the saying goes: Put up or shut up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom