Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I meant Tier 3 in the general sense, not specific to if we go back to a pre booking system. Under the current system, if someone grabs SDD at opening, gets on it, and there is still SDD available for that evening, no, I don’t think they should be able to book it again. If we go back to prebooking the question is moot because this scenario will never happen.

It absolutely should be allowed. If there are not enough purchasers in the ecosystem to use all of the available inventory those who have purchased should be allowed access to that inventory instead of it just sitting there un-used which is what currently happens.

TheMaxRebo

No reason really to not allow rerides if availability is left

At a minimum should let people rerides if still open after a certain amount of time. Like if after 4pm and rode MMRR earlier and still availability, why not? If that was a priority for people they would have selected it by then

But even that shouldn't be needed - if someone is able to get more than one for SDD then the park is pretty empty that day

Fido Chuckwagon

Not allowing Rerides on hard to get attractions allows more people who have purchased genie+ a chance to ride it once. Not allowing Rerides on Tier 3’s is dumb and likely due to lazy programming.

JD80

I thunk resides are fine for non T1s. T1s should allow rerides after a certain time of day when G+ sales dwindle whenever that is.

Purduevian

Yesterday was a MVMCP night and MK is historically empty on party nights as people don’t feel like they get their “value” with no fireworks and a park close at 6 (although I’d argue you more than get your value from 7:30AM-6PM if you’re on site as in those 11.5 hours you can probably do everything you want twice and still have time left over).

I would not judge G+ efficiency and quality based on yesterday’s crowds. I was there as well.
Yes, specifically went to MK for the lighter day. Also did a park hop day on the Saturday and ended up with the following (posted wait times listed when I got in line)
RAT (70), Frozen (75), Soarin (55), Buzz (70), Pooh (55), Tea cups (25), Dumbo(45). We were in the parks from ~9am to 6pm. So 7 LL in 9 hours. EPCOT is a weird one for booking because the park is so big, but also we wanted to spend time enjoying festival of the holidays, and had to balance the Guardians VQ. I ended up just pushing back Soarin and Buzz multiple times.

Also Buzz, Pooh and Dumbo were very backed up for the LL and all took ~15 minutes to get on the ride.

arich35

Hearing the new Genie+ pre booking addition will be out next week and it will include Tiers..............UGH, the worst

Hoping Tiers are just for pre booking and not in affect throughout the day
They are just going to randomly drop this next week or announcing next week when pre booking will start?

Purduevian

This will kill G+ sales at AK and EPCOT if they include tiers in that.

EPCOT only has 3 G+ rides "worth it" in RAT, Frozen, and TT. Sometimes Soarin, SSE, and MS creep up, but not ususally
AK only has 2 G+ rides "worth it" in Safari and Navi. Even Everest really never gets that long of a line.

TheMaxRebo

This will kill G+ sales at AK and EPCOT if they include tiers in that.

EPCOT only has 3 G+ rides "worth it" in RAT, Frozen, and TT. Sometimes Soarin, SSE, and MS creep up, but not ususally
AK only has 2 G+ rides "worth it" in Safari and Navi. Even Everest really never gets that long of a line.

especially AK ... when there were tiers in the past was right after Pandora opened and FoP and Navi were the two tier ones .... but now FoP is an ILL and nothing else new there

At least in Epcot you now have Guardains as the ILL and have added Remy as another tier 1. Still not great, but at least feels like there are tiers of rides there. At AK, really shouldn't have tiers

TheMaxRebo

Maybe it's time do ditch Genie+ and go all standby.

I know no way they will entirely give up on any sort of money making skip the line - but I would welcome dropping G+ and expanding ILL to a dozen or so rides across the 4 parks that legit deserve it, so still getitng income there

but so many rides just aren't set up to have a separate LL and load quick and high capacity, etc ... like no reason Small World, Pirates, SSE, etc should have a LL/FP line - those lines would move supper quick and consistently without it

TQQQ

If you still can only ride an attraction once it doesn't change anything.
Well if you have to use all 3 before booking another it does......B currently i would get 2 Tier 1 on my first 2 elections and other than MK,

I'd rather have two Tier 1 rides vs one Tier 1 and two Tier 2

Disstevefan1

More ILL questions.
Before you purchase do you have a choice of return times?
Along the same lines, do you know your return time BEFORE you purchase?

TQQQ

More ILL questions.
Before you purchase do you have a choice of return times?
Along the same lines, do you know your return time BEFORE you purchase?
ILL's? Yes........You can pick your return time.........this way you can ride Guardians or Tron sometimes 3x per day...........

1st - Get a Boarding group for Tron or GOTG
2nd - buy an ILL for whatever return time you prefer
3rd - Join after hours Boarding groups when available (deluxe hours if you qualify or party nights)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom