Disney for Sale?

Big-Bad-Dave

Original Poster
I read this morning on a message board for another Disney site that there was some huge decision last week to break up the Disney company. The post said that Disney is considering selling out or merging with antoher big theme park company. Then Disney would focus on films, merchandise, etc. Is this true!?!?!?!?! I sure hope not!

SpectroMan

I doubt this one. The parks bring in the most money out of anything for Disney. If they want to sell something it is going to be ABC.

matthope03

There is NO WAY this rumor is true. They are revamping their filming division in order to make it more profitable, but there is no way they will sell out their theme parks. The company is more known for its parks than its movies, they would not get rid of their trademark. Especially when the higher-ups in the company are very devoted to improving the parks and expanding them worldwide.

Epcot82Guy

Actually, Disney is one of the few entertainment companies NOT doing this. You may be hearing rumors about Universal or Paramount (not so much rumors on the latter).

majortom1981

hhm

I am going to suggest something.

THere are rumours of a big announcement from the Six Flags company.

One of two things could have happened.

1. THis disney rumour came out of this six flags rumour

2. maybe disney either bought or is merging with the six flags company, ( i mean the theme park side)

But mostly I think this is all bogus and maybe this disney rumour started from this six flags rumour.

bob0012

Without usage of the Disney name no one would buy it, and there's not a chance the disney company would allow the disney name to be used outside of their control.

jedimaster1227

Not at all...

Disney wouldn't even consider Six Flags' parks because they are in no way able to be related to Disney, nor does Disney have the money to invest in retheming every Six Flags park it would acquire. It isn't happening.

walt

well at one point there was an attempt by comcast to buy the whole disney theme park division for 68 billion but the disney board refuse saying that it wasnt enough money, so I have no idea if they want to sell it but they sure did try to sell it before.

pluto3198

I doubt this one. The parks bring in the most money out of anything for Disney. If they want to sell something it is going to be ABC.

Actually the biggest money maker (profit) in the Disney family is ESPN, not the parks.

MissM

Without usage of the Disney name no one would buy it, and there's not a chance the disney company would allow the disney name to be used outside of their control.
I'm not saying the rumor is true in any way - in fact, I'm sure it's just nonsense - but Tokyo isn't run by Disney. It's a franchise basically. Just an observation.
-m

speck76

Within the next 5 years, Disney will sell all real property holdings, and simply become an operator.....the tax advantages are too great, and Wall Street has been pushing for this for a long time....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom