Disney -- flying solo

kirksheppard

Hi there,

I went alone in Early June, and had a great time. Take this trip to explore and enjoy things you might not ordinarily have time to do - I found this especially true in the World Showcase. You're the boss, so you shouldn't have any reason for not seeing or doing the things you want to.

As far as dining goes, I've always enjoyed eating out by myself, so that wasn't uncomfortable for me and I love to watch people interact with one another. If you think you might feel strange sitting in a restaraunt alone, you can always just do fast food stuff and eat on a bench and people watch.

Take advantage of any and all single rider lines. Don't be afraid to strike up conversations with other people in line or cast members. All in all, treat yourself like royalty - you deserve it!

Upvote 0

minnie76

I went by myself about 7 years ago for a week and had one of the best times at the parks that I ever had. I grew up going to Disney with my family and grandparents all the time. It was so great to be able to do exactly what I wanted when I wanted. I agree about talking to other people in line. My family always did that and so did I when I was by myself. I went in May so I would take a couple hours in the afternoons and go to the water parks which I had never been to before. Just enjoy yourself and do exactly what you want to do. See all the things that noone ever wants to do when you go. It's nice to be selfish occassionaly:)

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

Let me know how it goes, I have been considering a solo trip in the winter 2005 but am a bit worried about being lonely. I tend to be independent as it is but have always enjoyed spending my time at Disney with family and friends. I am looking into a solo trip but still feel I need more feedback from others before committing to it.

Upvote 0

Thebriarpatch

Original Poster
Thanks to you all....

I am going in Sept and it is already booked. I originally booked alone and was excited but a friend decided to come along. Last minute change of plans, so now I am on my own again, and actually loving the idea.

I dont' have a problem bringing something to do a book (maybe hidden mickeys) for sit down meals, and my past experiences are that Cast members always make you feel at home.

I cant' wait.

Any other things that you have done, or advice to offer for don't miss places would be welcome.

thanks a bunch

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I have gone solo and had a blast. No one to tell you know or stop you from enjoying yourself except other people. But you will have a blast. I just took it all in. Some people felt bad for me when waiting in lines. But I told them its not like I am always alone, its just now when I am here. I am a free spirit destined to have fun by any means.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Nicholas beat me to the post with a link to a similar thread.

There are lots of people who enjoy the freedom of the solo trips. I'm going by myself next month, though I am planning to meet up with friends in the parks for some of the days.

Upvote 0

jojoyner55

I went in June by myself and had a blast. It inspired me to get an Annual Pass - and when I saw the AP rates for September, I booked a second solo trip! Wow - $49 a night at Pop Century. I intend to have another Blast :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom