Disney Floral & Gifts

AylaRanzz

When I was looking at the Disney site last night, I was looking at the various things they do to celebrate special occasions and I found the Disney Floral & Gifts site and saw that they have a gift set with the graduation Mickey ears, which would be great for when I go next year since it will be a graduation present for my twin brothers and I was wondering if anyone has used this site to order gift sets to be delivered to the resorts and how early in advance you can place an order. I obviously wouldn't need to place an order until sometime between Jan and April of 2013, but I'm trying to get as much info as possible now.

Uncle Buck

I just got back from a trip to the world. I brought a guest with me that had never been there so I ordered a welcome gift for her. I ordered it about 4 days in advance. It was delivered to the room while we were out, so it was a nice surprise when we got back to the room. Great service, not cheap but well worth it.

Upvote 0

GoochDSA

I looked into Disney Floral and Gifts while planning my proposal to my now fiancee. They were not really easy to work with and, as the PP mentioned, not cheap. They told me they couldn't really customize anything and they really seemed to be more interested in the sale than anything else.

Instead, I ended up contacting Betsy from Memories By Betsy, and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. She does completely customized baskets that can be delivered to your room (or if you are staying CL, it can be in your room when you arrive). I basically was able to talk to her about ideas of what to put into the basket or just chat about Disney in general. She was always quick in getting back to me (I had to take care of everything over e-mail since it was a surprise and my fiancee leaves for work after me and gets home before me). In the end I ended up spending about $230 or so including tax and delivery, the basket had a Jack and Sally doll, a Mickey trick or treat bucket, a light up ghost lanyard (as you can see I went with a Halloween theme) and inside bucket was a 5" glass slipper that said "Let's Live Happily Ever After", I also had a fresh bouqette of fresh flowers to go with the basket. The flowers were about $50 and the glass slipper was about $115, so that is where a bulk of my cost came from.

I would highly suggest getting in touch with Betsy before you make your decision on what to get and where from. She will duscuss some ideas and options and give you a no pressure quote. If you want, check out her site at memoriesbybetsy.com.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I have used Disney Floral for just about every trip we go on. I have yet to be disappointed.

I do agree they are rather expensive and I will certainly check out Memories by Betsy.

Upvote 0

TurtleGirl3

I've never used them but I have checked out their website. It's was to pricey for my taste so I did the second best thing....made my own! I bought some of the stuff on line at the Disney Store (Autograph book, pen, Stuffed Donalds, tshirts etc) and then filled it in with snacks for inside the park!

Of course I only live 2 hrs from WDW so it was no problem to make then and hide them in the car.

Upvote 0

AylaRanzz

Original Poster
So, they will deliver to the room even if you're not there? That'd be good to maybe have it delivered on our first day. And the good thing is my sister and I are planning this trip for our brothers, so we'll be splitting the costs of everything.

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

We found Disney Floral and Gifts to be way to expensive and as others have mentioned they do not personals things as much as you would like. We wanted to do Mickey's Grand Welcome (a 300 dollar package) but there were 3 of us and only 2 stuffed animals. We asked to add another in and they said sure and quoted how much but it either was Mickey or Minnie no one else. Problem is 2 of the 3 of us already have the big Mickey and don't like Minnie. We thought they could just go get a Stitch or Pooh from the park and make the switch but they can not. Also during peak season they run out of stuff and will substitute things with out telling you.

One thing you can do is you and your sisters can buy things for your brothers in advance of the trip (including ordering the graduation mickey ears online) and either have them shipped to your house or even shipped to your resort as long as it is with in a certain time period before arrival. Once you arrive you can ask if the CMs at the front desk can arrange for things to be put into your room. I have heard the hotel CMs are usually fairly open to this and if you ask (and tip nicely) they will even take the stuff out of the bags or box and put it in the room for you to find when you get back.

Upvote 0

AylaRanzz

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. I did find another site that has the hats, which I bookmarked to keep an eye on for when they get the 2013 ones, so we'll see which way we go. I do have a friend who used to work for Disney and still has friends who work there, so we'll see if maybe I can't work out something that way too. I just want to be able to make sure we can get them the hats mostly. Whether or not we do it as a gift package delivered to the room or beforehand, I just want to be able to get the hats at least.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom