Disney Flee market?

iheartdisney91

Original Poster
so my mom was at the doctors today and her doctors husband works for Disney. she said that there is a Flee market with stuff from WDW that hasnt sold, thats old or discontinued and what not. but she couldnt remember where it was.... do any of you kno?
please i looked online and i cant find it. its supposed to be on disney property. thanks guys!:wave:

Rabflmom

so my mom was at the doctors today and her doctors husband works for Disney. she said that there is a Flee market with stuff from WDW that hasnt sold, thats old or discontinued and what not. but she couldnt remember where it was.... do any of you kno?
please i looked online and i cant find it. its supposed to be on disney property. thanks guys!:wave:

I think she was probably referring to a tent that is put up sometime before Christmas that is only open to cast members and their guests.

STGRhost

Lol...it's "flea". I thought you were making a pun about cm's leaving/quitting in large numbers or something...

Anyway, you're probably talking about Property Control. It's a big warehouse (formerly a big tent) where they sell old, damaged, or overstock merchandise and unclaimed lost & found at deep discounts. You have to either be a CM or be with a CM (up to the number of people on their main gate) to go into the building, and you have to have an ID to buy anything. Plus, it's a bit hit-or-miss - sometimes the selection is great, sometimes it stinks. I swear there's some stuff that's been there for YEARS, but I've bought some great stuff there, too.

olmec26

Lol...it's "flea". I thought you were making a pun about cm's leaving/quitting in large numbers or something...

Anyway, you're probably talking about Property Control. It's a big warehouse (formerly a big tent) where they sell old, damaged, or overstock merchandise and unclaimed lost & found at deep discounts. You have to either be a CM or be with a CM (up to the number of people on their main gate) to go into the building, and you have to have an ID to buy anything. Plus, it's a bit hit-or-miss - sometimes the selection is great, sometimes it stinks. I swear there's some stuff that's been there for YEARS, but I've bought some great stuff there, too.

I've been wanting to know the answer to this question for years...where is Property Control located?

Rob562

In addition to that, there's the tent that someone else mentioned that goes up at the far end of the Epcot parking lot in December. It's the Clearance event for Property Control where they try to get rid of as much stuff as they can. When it's open, you'll see temporary signs as you enter the Epcot lot for "SALSA Parking". ("Spend A Little, Save Alot", according to my CM friend) But access to the tent is the same as at Property Control. CMs and their Guests only.

-Rob

mainstreet1997

I thought you were talking about this place http://www.mousesurplus.com/ they actually have an ebay store and a warehouse store you can go to. We went there about 2 years ago but there wasnt much to see since they were just moving into their new store. They actually have a monorail car there! Even if you dont buy anything its fun to look! I bought a Mickey bag (they still sell it in the parks lately its black and has Mickey on it and his pants are done in red sequins) that somebody had accidently gotten red sharpie on -- for 7 bucks! A little white out made it as good as new!

Nemo14

I thought you were talking about this place http://www.mousesurplus.com/ they actually have an ebay store and a warehouse store you can go to. We went there about 2 years ago but there wasnt much to see since they were just moving into their new store. They actually have a monorail car there! Even if you dont buy anything its fun to look! I bought a Mickey bag (they still sell it in the parks lately its black and has Mickey on it and his pants are done in red sequins) that somebody had accidently gotten red sharpie on -- for 7 bucks! A little white out made it as good as new!
They don't have the monorail car at the new location, but they did have a Horizons vehicle there last February. It's a fun place to poke around in.

iheartdisney91

Original Poster
omg i feel stupid. what was i thinking? "flee" lol sry guys it was late and i was tired. but thanks for your help!:lol:

im just taking it as im not a CM nor do i kno one so i cant go am i right?:shrug:

Rob562

im just taking it as im not a CM nor do i kno one so i cant go am i right?:shrug:

Correct. The closest thing you would be able to find that you could go to would be the Character Warehouse stores in the outlet malls near Disney property or the Mouse Surplus place.

-Rob

shoppingnut

We went to one of the tent sales that they had in celebration in April that is runned by the Rotterie Club, it was great, they had stuff there that they were still selling in the parks and at the character warehouse. Apparently they have this sale once a year around that time.

STGRhost

It's always been my understanding (or assumption) that most of their stuff comes from Property Control, to be resold to the general public. I don't know if that's true or not - I'd love to know where they get all that stuff otherwise. And I want to go there sometime, just to look around... :)

I've heard of property control and the outlet...never been to either...hope to go to the outlet this year...don't know cast members who would take me to property control.

WhatJaneSays

Hnn, I've been trying to hint to a CM friend for about two years now that I want to go to the big Property Control sale. So far she hasn't gotten it yet. I don't want to just come out and say it because she's a little fickle with her friends that aren't "in the family" so to speak. To bad she is the only one I'm close with outside of Disney.

I just want to go and look around!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom