Disney finally caught on

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
Looks like the execs up at Disney have finally realized that there is money to be made in the old sets and attraction pieces from the parks. The following site is called Disneyauctions.com and is mentioned in the latest Disney Insider magazine.

http://auctions.images.go.com/Images/I-Catalog/disneyauctions/categories/cat_themePark.html

The items are listed as "Directly form the Walt Disney Company". I guess they figured, why should private collectors make all the money from these auctions. :lol:

On the one side I am glad Disney has finally decided to do this, however it might get outta hand fairly quickly. Especially if the execs decide to close an attraction before its time, simply so they can strip the pieces and sell them to the highest bidder. I doubt that would happen, but you never can tell.

They got some pretty cool stuff listed!!

uklad79

I have seen that site on ebay for ages. I dont think they advertise it much maybe thats why you have just found it. I find they charge too much and the shipping to the UK is outragious. Mousesurplus are cheaper all round.

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
uklad79 said:
I have seen that site on ebay for ages. I dont think they advertise it much maybe thats why you have just found it. I find they charge too much and the shipping to the UK is outragious. Mousesurplus are cheaper all round.

I just found it cause it is the top story on the Disney Insider magazine. So looks like they are pushing it a little more now, to possibly give these other guys a bit of competition.

Dayma

Yeah its been around for at least a year or more. I just wish they sold better artifacts. They usually isnt that much good stuff on there IMO,

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
blackride said:
Yeah its been around for at least a year or more. I just wish they sold better artifacts. They usually isnt that much good stuff on there IMO,

They now have a space mountain ride vehicle. As well as a couple of skyway buckets. And some props from Mr.Toads wild ride. So they have some good stuff, but your right, not much.

I'm wondering if they are pushing the publicity of this Official Disney auction in response to the large group of private sellers that have recently popped up on the map.

DCL

Thanks for posting the link.. I had never seen that seller before. I like the idea of buying the Disneyland marquee letters... but could someone explain to me the point of buying just one?? You'd think you'd have to have all the letters for it to work!

se8472

The Space Mountain rockets from DL have been on sale for almost a year now.

I think anyone who looking at ebay for disney stuff would already know about this. I don't know if its a nice thing they are advertising it, since this might mean more people will be bidding.

But are these the same guys that sold the monorail? Or was that private?

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
se8472 said:
The Space Mountain rockets from DL have been on sale for almost a year now.

I think anyone who looking at ebay for disney stuff would already know about this. I don't know if its a nice thing they are advertising it, since this might mean more people will be bidding.

But are these the same guys that sold the monorail? Or was that private?

No, the guy who sold the monorail I believe was a private seller.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i have purchased small stuff from there. quick shipping and great porduct (disney and all) what i mean is they didnt sell broken stuff that was dirty..... unless that is the way it is supposed to be (like the new rehabed dumbo??)

i wish i could have SM vehicle in my house. watch out for shipping on the big stuff. ouch! you would probably save money driving there and picking it up. ROAD TRIP

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
jmaxwell007 said:
i wish i could have SM vehicle in my house. watch out for shipping on the big stuff. ouch! you would probably save money driving there and picking it up. ROAD TRIP

Could you imagine driving down I-4 and seeing a car with that SM vehicle strapped to the roof? :lol: :lol:

joel_maxwell

PurpleDragon said:
Could you imagine driving down I-4 and seeing a car with that SM vehicle strapped to the roof? :lol: :lol:
i would either wreck, or wreck that vehicle, hog tie them to the bumper in just their "undies" gag them with their sock and steal that sucker!!!!!

word to the wise, if you spend 2000 bones on a SM vehicle and save money by picking it up................ invest 20 more bones on a tarp to cover it up. i will chase you!!!! :lol:

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
jmaxwell007 said:
i would either wreck, or wreck that vehicle, hog tie them to the bumper in just their "undies" gag them with their sock and steal that sucker!!!!!

word to the wise, if you spend 2000 bones on a SM vehicle and save money by picking it up................ invest 20 more bones on a tarp to cover it up. i will chase you!!!! :lol:

ROFLMAO!!!! I could see it now:

A high speed chase invloving the car with the SM vehicle strapped to the roof. And then 5 or so crazed WDW fans chasing behind trying to steal it.:lol:

joel_maxwell

dont even get me started on what id do if i saw:

2K vehicles - ok, that really would fit on top of the montero
TTA vehicle
monorail
omnimover vehicle form horizons

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
jmaxwell007 said:
dont even get me started on what id do if i saw:

2K vehicles - ok, that really would fit on top of the montero
TTA vehicle
monorail
omnimover vehicle form horizons

Hey I hear ya. They have a Mr.Toads Wild Ride car on Disney Surplus. I tried to get my sister to go in on it with me. Man I would pop a go cart engine in it and then I would be in heaven, my very own working Mr.Toad car.:sohappy:

Dayma

Its hard to find actually artifacts from the parks there are really only two sellers and one is Disney. This is why people end up paying 200$ for a railing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom