Disney Fever

Chezman1399

Now people, please don't call me crazy for posting this.

As I was running the other day, I couldn't help but notice so many familliar smells I remember from the rides and attractions of WDW, especially Maelstrom and Splash Mountain. I posted this thread just to see if there are any other disney fanatics who have the "Disney Fever".

If you don't, however, just take this loyal advice from a familliar, thumping aquaintance of mine: :lookaroun

"If you can't say somethin nice, don't say anythin at all.." :)

If it's a fever, you know the cure.........MORE COWBELL!!!

Oh I was late on this one<------EDIT

Pocamahontas

I've got it bad...and I'm a Cast Member!
Every time I'm in the car (and not driving) I find myself spotting disney characters in the clouds. I've yet to see a mickey but oh man I can't wait until I do!!

silverboyd

i get this way too...i love the smell of my suitcase when i get home from WDW. It always smells like the resort room. I love that smell. Also, the smells of the water on rides like Splash Mountain, Small World, Maelstrom, etc...:ROFLOL:

donald23

i get this way too...i love the smell of my suitcase when i get home from WDW. It always smells like the resort room. I love that smell. Also, the smells of the water on rides like Splash Mountain, Small World, Maelstrom, etc...:ROFLOL:

HAHA, Yea this happens to me too. I dread opening my suitcase to empty it because I know the sadness that's waiting for me when that smell comes out. :lol:

MiduraMagic4

There is this guy that sells hot dogs outside of a local bar here. On my nights on the town when I see him I usually yell CASEYS HOt DOGS at him. Not sure if this is a case of Disney Fever or a sign that I need to go to an AA meeting.

PineapplePrincess

This is the only place I can confess this. Every morning, when I put my toner on the cotton square, I have to do it three times in you guessed it, the shape of a hidden Mickey! It starts my day out on a happy note.

DisneyBuffinDE

SHHHHHHHHHH! I'm at work, don't tell! :brick:
While I'm working I'm listening to a CD I got in 2000 when I was at WDW. It has all the song from the attractions on it. So yes I have the fever! I can't wait to go. :sohappy:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Disney Fever Infects Us All!

I think you will find very few people around here who will not admit to Disney Fever.

I can't quite put my finger on when I came down with it...DH and I both had only our second trips on our honeymoon in 1986. We came into a bit of $$ in 1995 (he won an award at work that came with a cash gift) and decided to take a "10th anniversary trip" one year early, because who knew if we'd have money for a trip on our actual 10th anniversary. We stayed at the Swan for ten days, and I remember that Animal Kingdom was announced during our stay.

The following year, I managed to scrounge a few bucks and we had four days at All Star Movies, but we were there for our 10th anniversary. While we were standing in line for Peter Pan's flight, DH sighed wistfully and said, "I wish we could come here every year" I was quite moved by this and (being the financial brains of the partnership) told him that, as long as we could afford it, we would come back every year.

It was also during that 1997 trip that we took the DVC "tour"--he was all for it, but I said we should really concentrate on buying a house first. By 1998, we had saved enough for a down payment and were looking for houses; we also had our reservations for a vacation at Dixie Landings (our plan was to visit each resort in turn) in May, for our anniversary. Sometime in the early spring, he got a really nice bonus from work, and said that he wanted to use it as the downpayment for a DVC membership. So, we started the process, and closed in time to take that May vacation at Old Key West instead, and we have gone each year since for our anniversary (and since 2000, again in the fall for the F&W fest).

So, I guess it was my DH who caught the Disney Fever first, then gave it to me. But in the years since, it's become more than a fever in me, and now I am an even greater Disney fanatic than he is!! It's a good feeling! :lol:

Sorry for the long story, hope I didn't put you to :snore: , but I enjoyed my trip down memory lane...

Oh, and very often in the summer, I will step out my front door, and if the sun has been beating down on it long enough, thanks to the containers of flowers on my front steps, I can giddily remark, "it smells like Disney World out here". Now, that's a GREAT feeling!! :ROFLOL:

doop

That smell of musty water like in PotC and Splash Mountain, and the smell of Diesel (Buses and Trams) both always remind me of Disney. But I'm usually thinking about it a lot of the time anyway. You are definitely not alone on this one.

disneyfreak174

I have it bad

It all started when I was 7, I dreamt of being an imagineer, then I planned my honeymoon to the WL every day was planned. Well engineering was harder than I thought and instead of honeymooning at wdw I met my Wife while working there!!! I brought home my princess now evertime I tell the story of how we met I think of disney!!! 9 more days!!!

mousefan1972

Just returned from the bakery where I ordered cakes for our kids' joint birthday party this weekend (b-days 9 days apart :brick: ). DS, just turned 2 got Incredibles, DD about to turn 4 chose Princesses (what else?). Disney is such a huge part of our lives, in so many ways. It's all about the movies, characters, merchandise, and of course, theme parks and resorts. We all have Disney fever, and it's not going away any time soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom