Disney Fairytale Wedding

jrapps

Original Poster
Hi All!

My fiance and I are planning on getting married at Disney World next summer, and I was wondering if any of you fellow Disney-fans out there had ever been to a Disney Wedding, or gotten married there yourself, and could share some info and experiences. We are not going for the all-out extravagent wedding, just a simple ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion and then a lunch reception at either the Grand Floridian or the Yacht & Beach Club. But I would love to hear from others as to what went right and wrong, where it's possible to cut costs a little, just general things like that.

Thanks in advance for the help and info!

Jason

gary_flower

First of all Congratulations.

Second, i have just proposed to my partner too and we are also looking into the same sort of wedding as you.
We have already looked in to everything and prised it all up using the wish book on www.Disneyweddings.com
If you havent used that yet, you must. Sit down with her and you can go throught everything and see all the prices.
But like you said, if anyone has any information, pictures or help that would also help me 2.

Thanks and congratulations again.

WDWCP

Congrats for sure! I didn't think it was possible to cut costs at Disney for a wedding!! ...Just kidding.

I didn't get married there, but always thought that would have been awesome!

Good luck with everything!

STITCHRULES

Congrats indeed! While I have not attended a wedding at Disney, my hubby and I are going to renew our vows there in a year, on our anniversary. If you go to their website you can order a DVD/Video and a wedding planner guide. You can also do this on the website after you register (as was mentioned before). It seems you can spend as much or as little as you want (there is aminimum for weddings of I believe $10,000), however, I did notice the prices for mid-week were cheaper than the weekends- maybe an idea there.

Good luck and let me know your findings and I will do the same as I plan.

Kris

celticdog

STITCHRULES said:
It seems you can spend as much or as little as you want (there is aminimum for weddings of I believe $10,000), however, I did notice the prices for mid-week were cheaper than the weekends- maybe an idea there.

The $10,000 is the base starting point for a standard wedding, however you can spend as little as $3000 for an intimate wedding and that should included your room and park passes. Check Disney's wedding website for all kinds of good info: http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/gate/index.jsp

DiPSU224

A little tip: check Ebay for wedding accessories that they sell for their Fairytale Weddings. I have gotten a set of garters, the ring bearer pillow, guest book and a keepsake box designed by Beverly Clark exclusively for Disney weddings from Ebay for my wedding in May. They were discontinued back in 2001 I think and were each sold for about $40-50 each from the wedding pavillion. On Ebay, the most I had to spend for one piece was $20 for the guestbook. They are elegant and have a subtle Disney touch like a little Mickey head made out of pearls on each piece. Just an idea in case you don't want to spend a lot of money buying acccessories from the wedding pavillion! Good luck! Getting married in Disneyworld has always been my dream, you are so lucky you actually get to do it! :wave:

disneybride

My husband and I got married December 2004 at the wilderness lodge. We had 15 guests and had a great time. It was easy to cut cost and we saved a ton of money by having our wedding and honeymoon in the same location. I think all in all we spent about 6 or 7,000 on our wedding and honeymoon. This price was also with many extras. Like....a customized wedding cake, pics at mk and epcot and our hotel starting at 5:30 in the morning...it was well worth it. We also had a nice dinner at ohanas after the wedding. here are a few pics.

welcome

if you have any questions just let me know!

LizziePooh

my sis got married at wdw last september. it was about 65 guests, the ceremony was at the italy isola with the reception at the living seas. i know the whole wedding was about $20k, but i dont know how much was spent just on disney (i do know that my sis's dress was $5000, so u can subtract that from the $20k....am i the only one who thinks thats an insane amount to spend on a dress you'll only wear once??). they did get a lot of extra stuff, a customized wedding cake, dessert reception for illuminations, etc. it was totally worth it though. it was the most beautiful wedding i've ever seen (and i used to work at a catering hall and have seen a zillion weddings, so i know what i'm talking about). the flowers were gorgeous, the food fabulous, everyone had an awesome time. if u have any questions, just ask. i know it wasnt my wedding, but being the sister of the bride and the maid of honor, i know every detail of that wedding :D

**LIZZIE**

CAPTAIN HOOK

When are you getting married - I'll be in The World in August next year (have you got a guest list yet :animwink: )
Many congratulations to you both

gary_flower

Thanks for all you help. think we both would say it helps very much.
were hoping for around 14 december, but you can book till a year in advance. So we have some time to think about everything. plus were going next month so were going to look at everything this year. than were know what were getting etc...
Thanks again and keep it coming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom