Disney Exploring Purchase of Twitter

Earl Sweatpants

Actually, buying a toy company that also owns several successful IPs isn't the stupidest idea ever.
Not its the stupidest idea, but when your company MO is just to acquire outside companies with IPs and fail to fully invest in your own creative talents, then you have a problem.

Personally, I feel like Iger never truly had faith in his own people to make Disney successful in its own right without utilizing an outside IP. And to be fair, a lot of that came from the Eisner era.

Matt_Black

Not its the stupidest idea, but when your company MO is just to acquire outside companies with IPs and fail to fully invest in your own creative talents, then you have a problem.

Personally, I feel like Iger never truly had faith in his own people to make Disney successful in its own right without utilizing an outside IP. And to be fair, a lot of that came from the Eisner era.

In this case, they'd also, I assume, get access to any assets Hasbro might have that deal with toy manufacturing and distribution, which would be very useful to a company with numerous IPs for children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom