Disney experts read!

AndyP

Yeah, i know what you mean. If i start telling my family about WDw facts/rumours/updates, they think i'm weird!

KimPossible

I am sick and tired of everyone asking how i can go to DisneyWorld year after year (although i did go to DL in May as a gift from my dad for my 21st bday!!) Why in the world would i want to go to a stinky, salt, polluted beach when i could go to the happiest place on Earth where i KNOW i will have fun no matter what. I've been there well over 20 times now(no small feet considering I am 21 and from NJ) and everytime i walk through those turnstiles i get a little teary-eyed.

The magic in that place is magnificent and for all those who don't get why we love the place i am truly sorry, because they are missing out on something very special. Each visit i make it a point to try something new. a new ride, restaurant, or my new favorite drinking around the World Showcase. There is always something new for me to do so how could i not want to go back all the time. For me there is no other place i'd like to go. (except maybe to itlay, France, and england, but only to see how well those pavilions match up :animwink: )

Ive got two conversations that have happened in the last week. I always talk to people so theres so many i cant type.

1st conversation
Me: Im going to disney world this weekend.
her: Are you flying or driving?
Me: Driving. i live in Jacksonville florida. (2 1/2 hours away.)
her: your driving all the way to california.how long will that take you??

2nd Conversation
Me and a friends were listening to something the other day and the indiana jones theme song came on. imeadiatley i said "I wish i was at MGM watching this show." They said "you idiot that show is at Universal". I say "no its not. " we go on arguing for about 5 mins. We then went to my house. I got out a map of MGM and pointed to the show on the map. They felt so stupid. I hate it when people try to argue with me about my favorit subject.

Disfan44

Aloha Lovecraft

I've been on the Big Island for the past ten or so years but like yourself, I was born and raised on Oahu. Prior to moving I (like yourself again) lived in Hawaii kai. Hey, maybe we were neighbors? I had a house on Mariners Ridge right above the post office.

Even though we like to travel during the off season, I have met and talked to many very nice and interesting people at DL. I guess the aloha spirit is alive and well at Disney huh?

Aloha Pumehana,

Ron

Lovecraft

Hey! Not to bring up a song that will stuck in people's heads but...

It's a small world after all!

My family moved from Hawaii Kai to Kailua when I was just 4, I will have to find out the street name we were on :)

We moved to Louisiana where I met my wife and moved to Florida.. where I now try to grow plumeria trees and order li hing mui from Hawaii to try to keep some of the island magic here with me.

I need to move back, I wish the tech industry were better there. But, at least I am supposed to be going on a business trip to Oahu in March.

Good talking to you!

--Lovecraft

Ah, yes. Coming to these boards to be with all the other fanatics. It's like going to a support group....."Hi, my name is Jim, and I haven't been to WDW for 3 months." Sympathetic looks and quiet comments begin.
I face these kind of things on a daily basis. When I returned to work(at an Elementary School) following our last trip in Oct., one of the first things I was asked was "So, how was Disneyland?" This from a Teacher who travels to California to visit relatives every few years!
On the other hand, sometimes peoples lack of WDW knowledge can lead to good things. When I was waiting for a bus at the ASM resort, I heard a British man ask his family what MGM stood for. I couldn't help but answer him :D He and his family were on their first trip, and hat MANY questions for me, which I was more than happy to answer for them. We saw them a few more times at the hotel before we left for home, and we had a great time talking with them:sohappy:

Dwarful

Originally posted by Welsh Chick
You get Monarch of the Glen and Are you being served? in America? Thats really cool
I love Monarch of the Glen!!
(I do apologise that this has nothing to do with the topic!)

Warning...thread drift ;)
Yeah, on BBCAmerica and on PBS. I too love Monarch of the Glen, Hammish Clark is my favorite. Of course AYBServed is a close second. My husband understands my love of Disney, he doesn't understand my love of these two programs, although he will watch AYBS with me (that and Thin Blue Line).

ok thread drift over.

Kopp8699

Originally posted by strobe
I had a long debate with someone once, who INSISTED they had "Back to the Future" in MGM. I even pulled up the Universal and MGM websites, the response was "Well, it was there when I was there". :lol:

You can't win!

UGH I NO THIS FEELING!!! i hate it so much. I mean i know i can b about things like this but still i hate wen people say things 2 make them seem smart, when they dont no nethin about the amusement park industry. Especially when people cant remember disney animated movies and say there r disney rides with them when they 1. arent disney, and 2. dont have a ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom