Disney DVD Question?

Frontierland

Original Poster
Does anyone know which Disney Animated Features are out on DVD and what edition they are? For example, Disney Gold Collection, Collector's Edition, Plantium Edition, and Special Edition. :confused: :veryconfu

StarscreamLSU

Quite a few are out on DVD - the tricky part is finding them

The ones I've always seen in stores are:

Little Mermaid 2
Peter Pan - Special Edition
Hunchback of Norte Dame (special edition I think)
Hunchback 2
Cinderella 2
Hurcules
Aristocats
Atlantis - regular and Collector's Edition
Fantasia 2000
American Legends
Dumbo
Bug's Life

I've seen these sometimes:

Snow White - Platinum Edition
Tarzan - Collector's edition
Emperor's New Groove - Collector's Edition
Fantasia
All 4 of the Collector's 'Tins' (Mickey Mouse, Disneyland...)

Everything else is just luck, or not out anymore - although Disney.com is running a deal where you can sign up for this club and pick up some of the hard to get ones.

TURKEY

I've seen Pinocciho, Robin Hood, Lady and the Tramp, Jungle Book and a few others around. If you are at Disney anytime soon, Virgin Megastore has a lot of them, but they are pretty expensive.

MrPromey

There was a series of nine animated DVD titles that was released about two years ago in a time limited release. They are all labeled "limited edition" and include Pinocchio, Peter Pan (slightly different packaging and features from current one available), Lady and the Tramp, Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King 2, Mulan (slightly different packaging and features from the one recently pulled), Herculese (slightly different packaging and features from the one currently available), and 101 Dalmations. These all sold for about $30 and are long gone from store shelves... When Disney offered the free DVD with the preorder of Snow White, some of these (The Little Mermaid & Jungle Book) were in the selection of free ones you could choose from. If I remember correctly, the deal with these limited edition ones is that they were in production for only one month each and were released at the rate of 3 a month for 3 months and then sold till stores ran out. Incidentally, the current release of Mulan, Tarzan, Tarzan Collectors Edition and Snow White are all movies that are no longer being sold to retailers by Disney so if you want any of these, you should go out and grab them now because what stores have today is all they are going to have and when they are gone, they'll be gone till Disney decides to re-release them in some form years down the road.

TURKEY

They had Pinocchio and Lady and the Tramp at the local Wal-Mart in February still. Kind of hidden among other stuff, but still there.

MrPromey

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
They had Pinocchio and Lady and the Tramp at the local Wal-Mart in February still. Kind of hidden among other stuff, but still there.

Well, Pinocchio has been re-released in a non-LE form (forgot to mention that one) but the Lady and the Tramp (as long as it wasn't Skips Adventure) would have to be the LE... Some of the ones that were re-released shortly after being released as the LE versions may still be around since the LE ones were priced at about $10 higher making the regular ones seem like more of a value. If it's one that hasn't been re-released and you are at all partial to it, I would suggest hunkering down and buying the LE unless you know it's going to be released in the near future again - otherwise, it could be quite a while before you see that one again.

StarscreamLSU

I hope the Disney Store does another 'pre-order' promotion with Beauty and the Beast. I still need to get a copy of 'Little Mermaid' on DVD :(

MrPromey

Originally posted by NowInc
You forgot::

Toy story - Ultimate Toy box edition (3 DVDs)
and
Fantasia Anthology- 3 DVDs

Actually, there are a whole bunch we haven't listed like Saludos Amigos, Make Mine Music,A Goofy Movie, An Extremely Goofy Movie, The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland and so on... There are actually a lot that most people probably don't even realize are out...

NowInc

I actually was only listing those because of their "Special edition" type of status..there are so many disney DVDs that arnt listed..

MrPromey

Originally posted by NowInc
I actually was only listing those because of their "Special edition" type of status..there are so many disney DVDs that arnt listed..

Oh, ok :) The ones I was listing were a series of sorts. They were released the months of Oct., Nov., and Dec. of (I think) 1999. It might have been 2000 but I don't think so. I'll check the copyrights on the box of one when I get home :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom