1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney During Peak Season is Overrated, and This is Why

Discussion in 'Featured Articles' started by wdwmagic, Aug 1, 2016.

1. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

By Brooke Schuldt, Jul 28, 2016
    WDWMAGIC Contributor

As a former cast member, I have been lucky enough to experience 365 days of Disney Parks magic. That’s right, I have been on Walt Disney property for every major holiday or travel time, and I’m going to tell you something that you may not hear from any other Disney lover.

I hate being in the parks during peak season.

Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing quite like seeing the parks dressed up for Christmas, or trick-or-treating in the Magic Kingdom. All of the guide books, travel specials, and Facebook photos from your co-worker’s recent trip to the parks will have you believing that you should be spending your holidays, summers, and spring breaks with Mickey Mouse. But there are really important, annoying side effects to Disney peak season travel that your co-worker didn’t photograph, and they could change how you plan your next Disney trip.

Continue reading at http://www.wdwmagic.com/articles/28...-peak-season-is-overrated-and-this-is-why.htm

Ellen Ripley, Batman and Flynnwriter like this.
  2. Flynnwriter

Flynnwriter Active Member

Agree completely!! Christmas is great, the first 12 days of December, but during winter break it is a mad house.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is excellent advice for anywhere you travel. Go where the hordes of people are not going, and when they're not going. It's amazing how you'll save more while stressing out less. Great article.

4. beachlover4444

beachlover4444 Active Member

We did do Magic Kingdom once for Christmas and once for New Years eve. It was crazy, we knew it would be but since we have been there more than 40 times we didnt care if we didnt ride everything. But yes i would not do it again. Go Jan 3 or 4 and it's great or the first 2 weeks of December. But I have to say we were there in Mid May and right before labor day this year and the parks seem slow.

Driver likes this.
  5. Dean1953

Dean1953 New Member

This coming Christmas will be the second time visiting during the holiday season, the last time being Two years ago. Obviously, we know what we are in for. However, I'll be there for 3 weeks and my two kids will be there for 17 days, so we get some slower time in January to ride more rides. We have AP's, so there is no direct cost for admission to the parks. We have passes that include the water parks, so we will use them 1-2 days(unless the water is really cold). I'm not taking them out of school for 1-2 weeks to go to Disneyworld. This time, the 10 year old will miss 2 days to start the second semester and the one in college won't miss any classes. We are staying off site, so we can escape the crowd in the Disney bubble for much of the day. Having said all of this, more than likely, this will be our last time visiting during the Christmas rush. Twice is enough. We will have a great time because we know what to expect.

Ellen Ripley likes this.