Disney During Christmas (2008)

tdonald

I think the absolute best time at WDW is the first week after Thanksgiving. The Holiday season crowds are lowest, but the decorations and events are in full swing.
Maxsdad and pixiesteno both have have very good points, and I found that if you decide that you're going to have fun, you will, whether the park is packed or not.

majorrfb

Christmas at WDW

So, are we saying that the 2nd week of December is best? DH and I are planning a "little trip south." And we are pretty flexible.

I was thinking December 5 - 10. Would that be a good time? Or should I rethink our dates?

My family has been to WDW late Nov. through early Dec. (last year) and during Christmas week through New Years. By far, the earlier visit was a much better experience. The crowds are much lighter, no sense of urgency, and time to take in the experience. We love Disney during Christmas, the decorations, atmosphere and ambiance. We will be attending again Nov.29 through Dec. 7 this year due to the aforementioned comments.:sohappy:

Disneykidder

If it is at all possible, go just after the New Year. You'll still get to see all of the decforations, parades, Osbourne lights and the crowds will be very light. Granted it has been years since I have gone during that time, but when we did, it was great. We were able to accomplish everything and then some. We resort hopped to see different decorations and it was a pleasure. It was relaxing not to have to run everywhere.

No matter what, it is Disney so it will be a great trip!!:xmas:

santa's surpriz

We went last year DEc 15-22. Crowds got bigger closer it got to Christmas, but in all do not have to battle many crowds. Whenever you go have a wonderful time!

disney1266

We go to WDW for my birthday every year which is 2 weeks before Christmas. I feel this is the best time to go since the crowds are still light enough that you can enjoy without the hustle and bustle of the Xmas crowd. The decorations are up in early November. I have been to te Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day and I will NEVER go back. It is supposed to be the 'Happiest Place on Earth", but not that day. People were so rude. I remember waiting for the parade and people were climbing over the fences around the castle to get by. I thinks it's horrible to walk on Disney grass........and of course no one moves for you. Take my advice - go earlier in the month of December and have a great time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom