Disney Dollars

dave&di

My BF and I have just booked our 2012 WDW vacation, our Travel Agent has given us $300 free Disney dollars.
My question is, are these proper bills or a gift card?
Is there anything that these dollars are not allowed to be spent on, or are they valid for everything on WDW property?

Bri1121

To my knowledge they are the same as cash and can be used almost everywhere. Except for non Disney owned stores and restaurants -like The Rain Forest Cafe. I am not to sure if there is a list somewhere of non Disney owned places but there might be.

You should ask your travel agent!!

Upvote 0

ajt5027

If your travel agent is giving you the real Disney Dollars (Card) that I just used on my trip last weekI believe that it will be in gift card form. They got rid of the Disney paper curency several years ago. Now it's more like a Disney Debit card than actual Disney Dollars. The card is good for any Disney owned resturant or merchandise on property or your local Disney Store. If I'm not mistaken you could use it to buy your mealplan or park tickets, either over the phone or at your resort.

I would ask the concierges upon check-in and make sure that everything I just said wasnt BS.

Upvote 0

mrsatta

Disney Dollars are still used at the parks and are cash. When disney money was sold at the stores we would convert your US money into Disney money. The were in $1, $5, $10 They are no longer sold at the stores but can be used at the park. I work at a Disney store and we still receive Disney Dollars as a form of payment. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I had a friend ask me to get her $100 in Disney (paper) Dollars when I went to the park last fall. I had a real hard time finding them and I was told that Disney is not printing them anymore. I think Disney is going only to the Disney (gift cards) Dollars. I just went to Sam's Club this week and a got $110 in Disnsey gift cards for $95.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster
I had a friend ask me to get her $100 in Disney (paper) Dollars when I went to the park last fall. I had a real hard time finding them and I was told that Disney is not printing them anymore. I think Disney is going only to the Disney (gift cards) Dollars. I just went to Sam's Club this week and a got $110 in Disnsey gift cards for $95.

Thats fine by me, its easy to keep hold of a piece of plastic rather than lots of bills. As long as its loaded with $300 I won't complain! Thanks.

Upvote 0

disneyphile

We were at Saratoga Springs last in March and our son lost a tooth. We bought Disney dollars from the front desk for the tooth fairy. Still a cool thing to get for a kid.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get 300 dollars from your travel agent?

We booked with Virgin Atlantic, there were several reasons we qualified - this is a bit sketchy as my BF did the booking, 'cos we booked between certain months, + we bought the WDW tickets from them and also because we are staying at a perticular hotel. We nearly didn't get this offer, it wasn't until we had booked that my BF noticed on their website that we were eligable for the Disney dollars! We have to go to the VIRGIN desk once we land at Orlando Airport to collect them.

Upvote 0

RyanJW

How did you manage to get them for $15 off? I know it's not a whole lot but every little bit helps!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I believe that the only thing you can't use them on are tips at a restaurant. I think there is a stipulation for that. However, the last time I used them it was when they were in bill form so I am sure that it has changed since then, especially if it is in debit card form now.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster
I believe that the only thing you can't use them on are tips at a restaurant. I think there is a stipulation for that. However, the last time I used them it was when they were in bill form so I am sure that it has changed since then, especially if it is in debit card form now.

That makes sense, I believe you used to be able to skip the tip on the DDP but now tips are not included.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
That makes sense, I believe you used to be able to skip the tip on the DDP but now tips are not included.

You are correct, it used to include gratuity but no longer. Even when it did, we still left a bit more. I get why they did it but it was so convenient to have the tip included.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I'm not sure about the paper dollars, but you can definitely use the gift card form for tips.

Upvote 0

smittycuse

If you are staying at a WDW resort and you charge your tips back to your room, you can actually pay off your bill at the end of your stay with Disney Gift Cards/Disney Dollars. That was pretty helpful on our last trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom