Disney Dollars

teressadarling

Original Poster
Let me first say, that I love this Discussion Board. It is a wealth of information. My question is about Disney Dollars. Our Disney store closed this past yearand I cannot buy them on the online store that I could find. I would like to use them for part of my 11 year old's allowance as it seems he has a hard time saving his money. I thought this might be good for our trip in October. Does anyone know how I can get these? I appreciate any advice! Thanks!

po1998

I just called catalog customer service and unfortunately "disney dollars" are only sold at stores and in the parks.

Dwarful

whereabouts in Kentucky are you? The other option would be to make your own "disney dollars" for his allowance with the condition that you will trade those dollars in for Disney dollars when you arrive at WDW. This allows your son the benefit of saving his allowance for WDW where he will really appreciate having the extra cash, but of course you will really be the one who is forced to save part of the allowance for him. For example say your son saves $50 in your home made version of disney dollars, then you would be responsible for purchasing him the $50 in the real Disney dollars! am i making any sense????

teressadarling

Original Poster
I am in Western Part of Kentucky. I make regular shopping trips to Evansville and Nashville so I know I can get them there. Tha t is a good idea to print my own but, I just thought the real thing may have more impact.

po1998

What if you bought a large quantity of them on one of your shopping trips, but only gave them to your child in small increments???

Dwarful

Thats what I was thinking, make some now, use them until you can get real ones to trade with him. Maybe do a 50/50 option...50% of his allowance is his to do as he normally gets to do and 50% is his in the form of Disney dollars that are home made until you get to a disney store to get the real ones. Good luck on getting him to save for such a fun vacation~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom