Disney Dollars?

omahadisneyfan

Original Poster
Several years ago we were given Disney Dollars as part of our vacation package. Does Disney still offer those dollars? If so, where can they be purchased and does anybody collect them?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They can be purchased at Disney stores in the U.S. and Guest Services, World of Disney and I think at resorts at WDW...

Rogue71371

Hey There,

Just an idea that my wife and I have for my 5 1/2 year old....

We have been planning our trip to Disney World (Nov 11th- Nov 20th) for a while now. Instead of buying my son, Pokemon cards, candy, gumball machine junk, etc... we have been giving him Disney Dollars as treats/rewards.

He already has over $130 dollars, and loves the idea of being able to buy whatever wants (although I can only wonder what some items will be!!!)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Dwarful

We too do the whole Disney Dollars thing. My girls always save at least one from every trip...they are all different from different trips...the 25th anniversary when the castle was the cake, Chicken Little, etc., some are regular and others are the different ones but the girls always like to look back at them.

Cinderella1976

I was thinking about getting them for my kids for spend on our upcoming trip in December. Are they accepted everywhere in Disney? What about at resturants? Thanks!

RickEff

I disagree that Disney Dollars will ever disappear.

Gift cards tend to actually be used 100% - and you get to keep the gift card.

I'd hazard a guess that there are a LOT of Disney Dollars in scrap books or in drawers that may never ever be used. In its time it was an incredible marketing and profit idea - and that hasn't changed one bit.

campdisney

I was thinking about getting them for my kids for spend on our upcoming trip in December. Are they accepted everywhere in Disney? What about at resturants? Thanks!
I was wondering this myself as one of my kids LOVES the Lego Store @ DTD. I found the following posted @ Disney Online:

"Disney Gift Card also offers a convenient option to shop and dine at participating locations throughout the Downtown Disney® Area."

Problem is, I can't find a list of participating locations. They only list the ones that definitely don't:

"The Disney Gift Card is not accepted at: McDonalds®, Jellyrolls, Rainforest Café®, and the Richard Petty Driving Experience. The Disney Gift Card cannot be used towards the purchase of the following: Disney Dollars, Disney Gift Certificates, or Disney Gift Cards. At this time, Gift cards are not accepted at the resort front desk or valid for use for payment of Walt Disney World Resort Hotel room nights. "

This link will give you some info on other locations:
http://disney.go.com/disneygiftcard/use.html#wdw_details

So am I to understand that Disney Dollars are still available for purchase at Disney Stores in the malls?

That would be so great. My wife and I are going to WDW over Christmas. We have brithdays coming up (and maybe early Christmas presents), so we would like to ask our families to get us Disney Dollars.

Additionally, can the Disney Gift Cards (I think they sell them at Disney Stores) be used in the parks too? I know that sounds dumb, but I want to be certain that if the family gets us gift cards instead of dollars, we can use them on the trip.

Thanks,

Johnny

GROLLA1

I purchase a selection of Disney Dollars every time we are there, and recomend everyone else to do so, especially when there is a special celebration event, like last years Happiest Celebration On Earth, these DisneyDollars are year dated and will become collectable items, so in a few years time they will be worth more than their face value. I allways purchase them at Town Hall, Main Street USA. Good Luck (they do run out of them)

Dwarful

I just purchased some more Disney Dollars TODAY from the local Disney Store at our mall in St. Louis. We are going on a girl scout trip in June of 2007 and are using Disney Dollars for the reward prizes for fundraising activities!

eroyee

:wave: I have been purchasing the disney dollars for the last month for our December trip. we got them at the disney store in our mall. Its a good way to save for a trip and to buy some good souvenears. kids love them,too.:sohappy:

symon

Disney Dollars aren't just good for kid birthdays! Today is my birthday (proudly 39) and the best gift I got was Disney Dollars from my husband for our upcoming Jan. trip. This is money I know can't be spent anywhere else and I will not feel guilty spending it on something just for me! My kids were jealous and now have added Disney Dollars to their birthday lists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom