Disney Dollars still accepted?

danpam1024

Original Poster
While cleaning today, I found a Disney Dollar neatly preserved in a book of mine- SCORE! Do they still accept them since they do not make them anymore? I'll probably just keep it anyway.:geek:

wdwjmp239

Disney Dollars! I have forty dollars in Disney Dollars in mint condition. I would just keep it for the sentiment/memory for when Disney used to distribute them. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! :)

meyeet

While cleaning today, I found a Disney Dollar neatly preserved in a book of mine- SCORE! Do they still accept them since they do not make them anymore? I'll probably just keep it anyway.:geek:
Yes they still do. You can still get new ones as well. Well at least you can still trade real money for Disney Dollars.

tare

Disney Dollars! I have forty dollars in Disney Dollars in mint condition. I would just keep it for the sentiment/memory for when Disney used to distribute them. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! :)
They do still make them and you can use old ones as well.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah, they still take them. I have a couple from quite a few years ago in good condition. Since they are just dollar ones I'll probably hang on to them as souvenirs.

mitchk

I still have some from my first trip in 87'. I'm gonna dig them out and see who is on what dollar amount. I think Mickey was on the one dollar...goofy was on the........never mind.... Let me go check them out....

Madjack

We always buy two the same on every visit, when we get home we have our family photo with Mickey framed with the two Disney dollars two faces at the top and the bottom of the photo, its an excellent souvenir, the photos hang up the side of the stairs, ninth to come this year.

JIMINYCR

I still have some from my first trip in 87'. I'm gonna dig them out and see who is on what dollar amount. I think Mickey was on the one dollar...goofy was on the........never mind.... Let me go check them out....

Theres a site called DisneyDollars.net that has the info and lots more on Disney Dollars.
1987 Disney Dollars
Disney produced 2 series of the 1987 series stated on the bill "May be used as legal tender only at Disneyland" The second series the (1987A) stated on the bill "May be used as legal tender only at Disneyland and Walt Disney World". The first series was released at both Disneyland and Disney World. Even though they both stated, "May be used as legal tender only at Disneyland"

First Day Issue series 1987 - May 5, 1987
First Day Issue series 1987A - Disneyland September 9, 1987 and "D" at DisneyWorld October 2, 1987
Versions1987ObverseReverse
A,D$1
Waving MickeyDisney Castle
A,D$5Proud GoofyMark Twain Riverboat
Versions1987AObverseReverse
A$1
Waving MickeyDisney Castle
A$5Proud GoofyMark Twain Riverboat

wdwjmp239

They do still make them and you can use old ones as well.

Thanks, but I'll just keep mine. These were Disney Dollars from 1994 and were given to me by my parents. Even though my parents are still alive, I still use them for sentiment purposes. But, it's good to know that they still make them. :)

PJean710

Im assuming you can only get them at guest relations? I used to give them as presents to everyone I knew that was going on trips to the world.

drkokintz

Im assuming you can only get them at guest relations? I used to give them as presents to everyone I knew that was going on trips to the world.

If you're buying something on property, and paying with cash and the cashier has some in their till from a previous customer; you can ask for change in Disney Dollars. No assurances, and you might get dollars that have some wear/writing on them; but it's also possible that you might get an older, rarer dollar than from guest relations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom