disney dollars for kids!

hrmom26

Original Poster
one of the best advice i got was to give disney dollars to my kids i gave each child $100 dollars of disney money and told them it was there money to buy toys suviners ect. ect. they also could earn more buy doing chores around the house it worked out great. they had about 150 to 175 by the time we left while we were there it was wonderful not one arguement about weather or not they could have something because it was there money and they could spend it how they wanted, but they were warned when it was gone it was gone surprizingly enough they were much more careful with there money than they are ever with mine:D . the last day we went to the hotel store and spent the rest of there money and i also bought them one big item each from me with my money they were also real careful deciding on that to . not one " but mooom pleassssse can i have it " it was just perfect:lol:

pezheadval

A tip I have about Disney Dollars is give it to the kids in small bills. We did the same thing with our daughter last year. She had Disney Dollars to spend and usually got small goodies, but we found most places did not have Disney Dollars to give back for change. Its not much fun when you pay with a $10 Disney bill and get change back in regular bills. I reccomend getting $1 bills. The kids can help count it out easily and it seems to last longer that way.

Rogue71371

Hey There,

We have been planning our trip to Disney World (Oct 29th - Nov 6th) for the last few months. Instead of buying my son, Pokemon cards, candy, gumball machine junk, etc... we have been giving him Disney Dollars as treats/rewards.

He already has over $50 dollars, and loves the idea of being able to buy whatever wants (although I can only wonder what some items will be!!!)

Goose

Where can you get Disney Dollars?

My wife and I are heading down in November and want to get some Disney Dollars for the nieces as soveniurs.

Goose

macsmom

You can buy Disney Dollars at any Disney Store dollar for dollar. they come in $1, $5, and $10. Every once in awhile, they come out with different versions. Mickey is usally on the $1 and Donald on the $5. Goofy is on the $10 and I think I have 2 or 3 versions of a $10. I save one of each version I have just to keep. I don't have any young kids (mine is 22), but I do purchase dollars when I hit the mall because I know that WDW and DL are the only two places I can spend the $$$ - well, besides the Disney Store. I've got a nice tidy sum saved up for my next trip.

danna

luckymom

When I give my son ( 6) his allowance each week, I give him 1/2 in Disney Dollars and the other half in "real" dollars. That way he is saving for the trip but he still has some real money to save or spend here or there. Also, since we have had issues with him not doing what we ask the first time :brick: we have started a new system...each time he does something the first time then he gets a check mark on his calendar....after 5 check marks he gets a disney dollar to go towards his trip. He has really taken to this! He seems to have more ownership in our trip rather than mom and dad paying for it all!:animwink:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
tigger2 said:
hi

does anyone know if you can buy disney dollars from the disney stores in the uk???

thanks

I asked at a Disney Store in Canada and was told they are only sold in the U.S. because of the exchange rates to other currencies fluctuating. It made sense at the time [although disappointing].

Cheryl

Another "neat" idea...

A few other cool ideas are as follows:

1) My son is only 7 years old and ever since he started losing his baby teeth, the "tooth fairy" has always brought him one real dollar and two Disney dollars. This way he has something for his piggy bank and money he can use for our trip to Florida.

2) My son's school grades on an "E" (excellent), "M" (meets requirements) and "NI" (Needs improvement) for both kindergarten and 1st grade. Reading of course is a major issue in both grades so for every "E" he got on his homework pages/reading assignments, he received a star. Within a school year, he needed 100 stars to "earn" his trip to Disney and for every star over 100, he earned a Disney dollar. It's a great way for the kids to "earn" their trip by working hard plus it also gives them souvenior money for them to buy whatever they want on the trip.

I think it really helps for kids to work towards a goal and in our son's case, he has done it now for 2 years in a row with lots of extra stars for Disney spending money!
:sohappy:

shari71

Is there any other place to get the Disney Dollars besides the Disney Store? We don't have one nearby or far away to just run out and get. I would love to start this with my oldest daughter since she saves every penny for Disney anyway. This would just be extra incentive.

minnie29uk

MontyMon said:
I asked at a Disney Store in Canada and was told they are only sold in the U.S. because of the exchange rates to other currencies fluctuating. It made sense at the time [although disappointing].

Hi!
Can you buy them online??
If you pay in USD? ( I have US bank account)

Thanks,
Lynn

luckymom

Im not sure but maybe you could try to call Disney directly and see if they could send them to you. You may be able to put it on a credit card. I would be surprised if they didnt...they're able to do just about anything!:lol:

BigNormsMom

Hi guys!! Haven't been on in a while, but BigNorm has been checking in for me. My wonderful husband (who passed away suddenly 3 weeks ago with a massive heart attack:cry: ) totally loved the disney dollars. We had several framed for BigNorm for Christmas and we gave them to his brothers for gifts also. He just recently,last month, purchased a Hong Kong disney Donald Duck dollar:D . He was so pleased with it. He also has a book with all the different years since they started selling them. Now BigNorm will have to continue the book for us. Everyone that we have ever given them to really loved them.:sohappy: Have a great day at disney!!

luckymom

I just read on another website ( sorry..) that you can call the Disney Ticketing office and they will send you Disney Dollars if you put it on a credit card. They said that they could only get 50.00 each day. You can call the 1-407-WDISNEY number to get help. Just thought Id share! Goodluck:D

ErickainPA

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]Disney Dollars (Money with images of Disney characters ) is available for purchase inside City Hall (Magic Kingdom) and Guest Relations (Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Disney Studios).[/FONT]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom