Disney dining

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Where can I find a list of restaurants participating in the disney dining plan for 2016?
The list will not be finalized until probably late December so I would not go by the current list because aloft of restaurants will be added later and are currently missing from the list. Your best bet is to look at the 2015 dining plan brochure to see which restaurants are included.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2015Dining.pdf

Almost all restaurants are included. Very few are not. Also Morimoto Asia will be added in November of his year last I heard so they will be on there too for 2016 but are not yet. The Boathouse also is now on the dining plan. :)

sxeensweet

Thanks for the link and info, I really appreciate it.
Your very welcome!! :)... Which restaurants in particular are you wondering are included/will be included?
The only ones I know off hand not included currently is of course Victoria & Albert's, and restaurants in the Swan/Dolphin and Four Seasons Resort etc.
Every quick service restaurant (minus some small carts etc) is included, (even the food trucks at DS are included now) that I know of at all the parks, Disney resorts, and Disney Springs also. :)

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Just noticed via Napoli was not listed, which we really enjoy.
Darnit I deleted my post my accident meant to hit cancel....okay let's try this again lol.....
Not trying to be rude at all but Like I mentioned and others will mention, as we do every single
year, it WILL be included don't worry!! Lol Go by the 2015 list I provided above not the 2016 list yet, as it is not finalized and will not be finalized until probably late December give or take for next year. Happens every single year!! We love Via Napoli too and have the dining plan every trip and it's always included. Many of the Epcot and Disney Springs restaurants are often added last as it takes them longer to usually finalize their contracts than Disney owned restaurants do. They will be added! Not saying never that Disney will one day cut down on those included but for 2016 I really think you will be fine. You can do a search in these boards and you will see every year someone is worried something won't be included before everything is finalized and sure enough ends up included after it is finalized. People panic every year. Haha! Don't worry and don't base getting the dining plan or not on this info that is not final yet. :rolleyes::happy:

Last edited:

rkelly42

Original Poster
I'm not worried about it, just more curious. I would end up getting a reservation for via Napoli even if it was not offered. We will end up doing Cali grill which will take to credits anyways. Thank you for the info though, I do appreciate it.

sxeensweet

I'm not worried about it, just more curious. I would end up getting a reservation for via Napoli even if it was not offered. We will end up doing Cali grill which will take to credits anyways. Thank you for the info though, I do appreciate it.
Your very welcome! :). I really hope you didn't think I was being rude or pushy and such as I never want to do that. Lol
Yes we often pay for that one out of pocket anyway because it's one of the cheaper places to eat but we do use the dining plan sometimes there. Love Cali Grill by the way and we eat there every trip too! :hungry::D

rkelly42

Original Poster
I did not think you were being rude at all. I welcome all input and appreciate the help. We are big fans of Cali grill, but have not gone there the last 2 years so we are overdue.

sxeensweet

I did not think you were being rude at all. I welcome all input and appreciate the help. We are big fans of Cali grill, but have not gone there the last 2 years so we are overdue.
Okay I was just making sure! Some people on these boards you never know what will rub them the wrong way. Haha! I'll enjoy it for you in a few weeks as we are dining at Cali the night we arrive. Can't wait! :)

Disneykings

Hi, sorry to add onto this discussion. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how quick service works? I assumed it was like Mcdonalds but from some videos I have seen it looks self service? (Or like a motorway services in the UK) We are free dining with two very fussy eater, any advise would be great. Thanks in advance

sxeensweet

Hi, sorry to add onto this discussion. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how quick service works? I assumed it was like Mcdonalds but from some videos I have seen it looks self service? (Or like a motorway services in the UK) We are free dining with two very fussy eater, any advise would be great. Thanks in advance
It works like a McDonald's or any fast food restaurant for the most part. You walk up at most places and just place your order with the cashier. Some places you go and get your items at stations that you want and then go to the cashier to check out. It's easy and best way I can describe it is like McDonald's or a cafeteria setting at some. You being you are on the plan will choose an entree(most entrees have a side included like fries, fruit etc), desert, and a non alcoholic drink for each person. It will cost 1 Qs credit per meal you order. Also it does not distinguish between adults and children for quick service meals. You can order an adult or child's meal for anyone. The only place adult or child comes to play is at the table service restaurants. :)

Last edited:

Disneykings

It works like a McDonald's or any fast food restaurant for the most part. You walk up at most places and just place your order with the cashier. Some places you go and get your items at stations that you want and then go to the cashier to check out. It's easy and best way I can describe it is like McDonald's or a cafeteria setting at some. You being you are on the plan will choose an entree(most entrees have a side included like fries, fruit etc), desert, and a non alcoholic drink for each person. It will cost 1 Qs credit per meal you order. Also it does not distinguish between adults and children for quick service meals. You can order an adult or child's meal for anyone. The only place adult or child comes to play is at the table service restaurants. :)

Thank you so much sxeensweet, that is such a great help. I had no idea about the adult/child options, which is so handy as there does seem like limited choice for children on the menus I have looked at. If you use the cafeteria style QS, is it clear what we can get using the dining plan? Sorry for all the questions, we go in two weeks and I completely forgot to look into this. :oops:

sxeensweet

Thank you so much sxeensweet, that is such a great help. I had no idea about the adult/child options, which is so handy as there does seem like limited choice for children on the menus I have looked at. If you use the cafeteria style QS, is it clear what we can get using the dining plan? Sorry for all the questions, we go in two weeks and I completely forgot to look into this. :oops:
You can get any meal available at all the quick service locations on the dining plan minus some individual items that may be snacks and such. For your desert item you can usually grab any sweet/desert item of the snacks to count as your desert (at the cafeteria style locations) that's included with your quick service meal credit. The McDonald's style locations the deserts are listed on the menu to choose from. For drinks it usually includes any bottled or fountain non alcoholic drinks with a few exceptions here and here but very few and they will let you know. If at any time you are wondering what's included or have questions just ask a cast member at the resister or behind the counter serving. Very few items are not included so you shouldn't run into really many issues choosing. Also
for your snack credits when you use those most items included as snacks have a dining plan symbol next to it letting you know it's a snack. Many items can be used as snacks. Very few of those are not included either. The dining plan is wonderful in the sense that 90-95% of all food and non alcoholic drinks in the parks, resorts, and Disney Springs is included. People that say it's restricting is not true at all. Very flexible and me and the hubby always get the dining plan and have never felt we were restricted on where or what to eat. Disney is wonderful about that. :)

Disneykings

You can get any meal available at all the quick service locations on the dining plan minus some individual items that may be snacks and such. For your desert item you can usually grab any sweet/desert item of the snacks to count as your desert (at the cafeteria style locations) that's included with your quick service meal credit. The McDonald's style locations the deserts are listed on the menu to choose from. For drinks it usually includes any bottled or fountain non alcoholic drinks with a few exceptions here and here but very few and they will let you know. If at any time you are wondering what's included or have questions just ask a cast member at the resister or behind the counter serving. Very few items are not included so you shouldn't run into really many issues choosing. Also
for your snack credits when you use those most items included as snacks have a dining plan symbol next to it letting you know it's a snack. Many items can be used as snacks. Very few of those are not included either. The dining plan is wonderful in the sense that 90-95% of all food and non alcoholic drinks in the parks, resorts, and Disney Springs is included. People that say it's restricting is not true at all. Very flexible and me and the hubby always get the dining plan and have never felt we were restricted on where or what to eat. Disney is wonderful about that. :)

Thank you so much Sxeensweet, the dining plan does sound perfect and really easy to use. Thanks for all the advise, I love this site :)

sxeensweet

Thank you so much Sxeensweet, the dining plan does sound perfect and really easy to use. Thanks for all the advise, I love this site :)
Again your very welcome and that's what we all are here for!! :)

Oh and forgot to mention I think clearly, that for table service your children will have to order off the children's menu.
Quick service you definitely do not though so that is nice! I think I said that but maybe not as clear. Lol :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom