Disney Dining Plan

Dutchie

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie on the forum. I'm from the Netherlands (Amsterdam), and this September will mark my fourth trip to WDW. It'll be the first time I'm making use of the Dining Plan (got it for FREE upon reservation), but I do have a question about it. I've read in another thread that you can exchange 2 full-service meals for 1 meal at one of the Signature restaurants. But which restaurants are those? I can't find that info anywhere (or maybe I'm not looking at the right places :lol:). Can anyone help me? Thanx!

Ella's Mommy

Welcome to the boards:wave: As for ur question on the actual disney website theres a dining finder. It will tell u a what type of restaurant it is. I dont suggest doing that I think its a waste and then you have a day were you have to pay for dinner. Some of the restaurants are Cali grill, Citricos, Narcooses, Brown Derby, Cindy's Royal Table etc.... Hope this helps:wave:

Upvote 0

DTM93

Is the Dining plan actually worth it or should we just use Disney's fast food outlets and pay everytime and what would be the price difference over a period of 2 weeks?

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

It really depends on your dining preferences. Also, it depends on whether you can get ADRs for the places your eat table service.

Check out allears.net (or maybe even wdwmagic?) for menus with prices. Fast food will very likely be cheaper than paying for the dining plan, BUT if you want to eat very many table service meals, you'll likely come out the same or better with the dining plan.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Is the Dining plan actually worth it or should we just use Disney's fast food outlets and pay everytime and what would be the price difference over a period of 2 weeks?
If you are going to eat counter-service ("fast food") meals almost all of the time, then the DDP would be a terrible waste of money for you.

During a typical week at WDW, my family eats about 2 table-service meals, and all the rest are counter-service. I've checked the prices both ways, and it's much MUCH cheaper for us to pay out of pocket for everything rather than buy the DDP. The DDP provides too many table-service credits for us ... we simply wouldn't use them all and they'd go to waste.

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

Welcome to the boards:wave: As for ur question on the actual disney website theres a dining finder. It will tell u a what type of restaurant it is. I dont suggest doing that I think its a waste and then you have a day were you have to pay for dinner. Some of the restaurants are Cali grill, Citricos, Narcooses, Brown Derby, Cindy's Royal Table etc.... Hope this helps:wave:

What I have done is use the voucher you get for the Planet Hollywood meal when you get your tickets and room key. That was one of our meals to free up the chance to eat at a signature restaurant. And yes, in my opinion Cali Grill is well worth that.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

If you are going to eat counter-service ("fast food") meals almost all of the time, then the DDP would be a terrible waste of money for you.

During a typical week at WDW, my family eats about 2 table-service meals, and all the rest are counter-service. I've checked the prices both ways, and it's much MUCH cheaper for us to pay out of pocket for everything rather than buy the DDP. The DDP provides too many table-service credits for us ... we simply wouldn't use them all and they'd go to waste.

The OP said that they got DDP for free so no waste of money for them. Due to work and school constraints, we've never gotten the DDP for free.

To the OP, make your ADR's as soon as possible. When dining is free, the more popular restaurants fill up quickly. Our last day of our 2006 trip was the first day of free dining that year. We did not have an ADR and could not get into any restaurant for dinner.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

If all your going to eat is fast food then you don't need the dine plan. If you want to do say fast food for lunch and then have a nice dinner, you can't beat the "dine" plan. It is one of the best programs Disney ever came out with and is extremely popular.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom