Disney Dining Plan vs Food Festival

wolfeman

Original Poster
Ok, I am a huge supporter of the dining plan. This year we are going during the wine and food festival. We have never gone during this time of year. We have a 12 and 9 year olds. How is the food at the festival? Epcot is our favorite park, so we will be there a lot. How expensive is the food at the festival. We were thinking of not getting the meal plan and just eat at the festival and pay for our food. Any help would. E greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DisneyDebNJ

We do the F&W Festival just about every year and its fabulous! We too, chose the dining plan, and use our snack credits to taste the offerings at each country. The cost runs anywhere from $2.00 to $7.25 for food, and for drinks, (adult libations) run approx $5.00 to $8.25. Mix drinks approx $7.00 - $9.00. Personally, I wouldn't rely just on the food offerings for your meals. (For instance, there aren't any breakfast offerings) and your children may not enjoy what foods are available in the various countries.

crispy

We do the Food & Wine Festival every year along with the Dining Plan. We use snack credits for the samples, and it works out well. During the two days we spend at Epcot, we usually buy lunch for the girls (mine are 4 and 6 don't necessarily enjoy some of the offerings), and my DH and I share samples for lunch that day. That way we can try more things without getting too full. We use our extra quick service credits for breakfast during the week. It works out very well.

Since we only spend two days at Epcot, this works out well for us. If you are planning to spend more of your trip there, it may not work well for you. We also like to still do a sitdown for dinner. I can only eat a few samples a day because many are heavy and filling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom