News Disney Dining Plan Returns in 2024

ChapekOut

I’ve done multiple Quick Service Dining Plan calculations the past day and, as a non drinking couple with a 10yo, haven’t come close to making this worthwhile.

Crunch the numbers first before buying - especially if you have kids aged 10-18.

Unless you want to order the most expensive thing every time and drink alcohol every time, these prices are insane and simply don’t add up.

lewisc

I’ve done multiple Quick Service Dining Plan calculations the past day and, as a non drinking couple with a 10yo, haven’t come close to making this worthwhile.

Crunch the numbers first before buying - especially if you have kids aged 10-18.

Unless you want to order the most expensive thing every time and drink alcohol every time, these prices are insane and simply don’t add up.
Disney isn't promoting DDP as a way to save money, just a way to pre pay meals.

Some posters are hoping for "free" dining. I suspect for many a room discount will be the better deal.

GCTales

Disney isn't promoting DDP as a way to save money, just a way to pre pay meals.

Some posters are hoping for "free" dining. I suspect for many a room discount will be the better deal.
Have had trips where free dining was a better deal and others where room discounts were a better deal, or let us upgrade (40% off AKL savannah was an easy choice- especially when kids get bunk beds)

Not every discount works out to be best option for every family or situation.

drizgirl

Have had trips where free dining was a better deal and others where room discounts were a better deal, or let us upgrade (40% off AKL savannah was an easy choice- especially when kids get bunk beds)

Not every discount works out to be best option for every family or situation.
Exactly. 15% off a value resort is nothing compared with free dining, even QS dining. But 40% off a deluxe hotel is a different calculation.

Ayla

If you have kids age 10-20 (drinking age is 21 in the US), there is no way you even come close to getting any value out of it.

DisneyDreamer08

Maybe not if the BOGO is buy one adult dinning get a kids free.
We had this exact offer in January 2020 and it worked great. We stayed at Movies, it was me, my husband, and two kids who were 9 & 4. My husband and I paid full price for the meal plan and the two kids were free. I did the math and it was much more beneficial than the 10 or 15% room discount that was also offered. We did character meals almost every day (we had two days at AK so we did Yak and Yeti on our 2nd day). It was a great value and so convenient. My kids can be picky eaters so buffets worked perfectly. They could pick and chose little bits of everything they liked. We did Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey’s, Tusker House, Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine and 1900 Park Fare. It was amazing.

drizgirl

Maybe not if the BOGO is buy one adult dinning get a kids free.
I’m not sure what the point of having a hypothetical discussion. Percent off deals at at the values have never been worth much. A reduced percentage off a lower price isn’t usually worth much.

KateKirisit

How is there **still** a freaking virtual queue to book a room right now? I’m sorry, there is no way they have this kind of demand to book 2024 rooms. They are clearly trying this as a desperate attempt to make it look like rooms are scarce and people need to book or get shut out (like with the AP’s).
My Disney Travel Agent had 2 quotes prepared for me this morning after waiting basically all day in the queue.

arich35

My Disney Travel Agent had 2 quotes prepared for me this morning after waiting basically all day in the queue.
Yeah I am an agent and I had my laptop open for probably 6+ hours before getting in and then last night I had to wait 20+ minutes every time I went into the website to look up pricing. Not recommending Dining plan, just not a good value

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom