Disney develops 3d printer.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
I wonder if it will allow them to do more interesting coverings / scultpings on animatronic figures, being able to design them on the computer and "print" them.
Hopefully it's more than just "Print your own Duffy"

Good thought. The exacting nature of 3d printing would make it a great medium for that.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Good thought. The exacting nature of 3d printing would make it a great medium for that.
I guess you'll be shocked, SHOCKED, to know that I think that Epcot should have a major section in a new Innoventions devoted to 3D printing and the various applications, updating all the time to keep up with new developments in health, manufacturing, art, etc.

Magenta Panther

I wish SOMEBODY at one of the stockholder meetings would ask Iger why Disney, which invented audio-animatronics for crying out loud, no longer builds its own. Any answer he would give would translate to: "Because it's cheaper to outsource them." That'd be great publicity, not.

MonorailLover

While having a 3D Printer myself, I think it's kind of weird for Disney to have created one. My sisters first idea when I showed her was: "they're trying to get rid of their costume designers for CM's and AA's. Sounds a like a few years in the future, but at least they're looking at automating more jobs....."

msteel

I finally read the article and when they mentioned the bit about the conductive thread and touch sensors, the application I thought about for the parks was interactive elements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom