Disney Design Group?

csaribay

The Disney Design Group is an in-house graphics agency that falls under Theme Parks Merchandise. DDG also does work for other various Walt Disney World lines of business, and does consulting work with other parts of The Walt Disney Company. In essence, they design artwork for merchandise, packaging and other printed materials for guests (like parks maps and restaurant menus).

There are a number of roles within the Disney Design Group (from graphic designers to print management) and they do offer professional internships from time to time. They're based in the animation building at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Something that may also be of interest to you is Disney's Yellow Shoes Creative Group, the in-house advertising agency that essentially creates and manages all the advertising for domestic theme parks and resorts. As far as I know, they don't offer internships (and vying for a role there can be very difficult, requiring at least some amount of external agency experience), but I've heard it's a sweet place to work. They're based in Celebration.

TheAtticBride

Original Poster
Ok a few more questions, being this is for a college dream job project.

How many hours a week would I have to work?

What is the monthly salary expected to earn?

What are Positive/Negative aspects of the job?

Name some people who are working in this career field?

csaribay

Ok a few more questions, being this is for a college dream job project.

I'll try to get more info for you. How much time do you have on this project?

csaribay

I attempted to get some info, but I haven't been able to do so- DDG is pretty big, and there are varying roles within the department. This is what I would expect however, note that this based upon my own research:

You should probably expect to work around 40 hours a week. If project deadlines require, you may need to stick around a little later than normal.

I'd have to guess it's close to market rate. In a metro area like Orlando, it's likely to start around 35K - 40K in most entry-level creative roles, and improves exponentially from there. Outside of Disney, more expensive metro areas (like NY or LA) pay more, around 40-45K.

Putting aside the hurdles one'll need to pass in order to get a role (I'm sure it's pretty competitive), I'd have to say that it's probably a really awesome job. The only net negative that I can come up with is having to deal with a lot of pressure at certain times, and being able to deliver on hard deadlines.

There's a number of notable graphic designers, I'll let Wikipedia do the heavy lifting on that one: American Graphic Designers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom