Disney+ Day On November 12, 2021

Jedijax719

Disney really needs to start developing more "mature" action/adventures/fantasies along the lines of shows like Wheel of Time or Shadow and Bone. They can leave out the stuff they find to be "controversial" but still have high-concept fantasy.

Right now, they are using SW and the MCU for those types of shows, but the new material is truly geared toward a very young audience that adults would not find interesting.

There had been talk of a move called "Sade" a while back about an African girl with powers to save her kingdom. There was also talk of "Children of Blood and Bone". Both of these (they may be connected actually) would potentially make for great series since new material really doesn't cut it for the big screen anymore, unfortunately.

And a series with pirates would be good too, whether it be a spin off of POTC or its own thing.

Ghost93

Disney really needs to start developing more "mature" action/adventures/fantasies along the lines of shows like Wheel of Time or Shadow and Bone. They can leave out the stuff they find to be "controversial" but still have high-concept fantasy.

Right now, they are using SW and the MCU for those types of shows, but the new material is truly geared toward a very young audience that adults would not find interesting.
I think that Disney should at some point try to merge their Hulu content onto Disney Plus, sort of like "Star" in international markets. I think if the adult ABC shows went to Disney Plus instead of Hulu, that would drive up interest on the streaming platform.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think that Disney should at some point try to merge their Hulu content onto Disney Plus, sort of like "Star" in international markets. I think if the adult ABC shows went to Disney Plus instead of Hulu, that would drive up interest on the streaming platform.
Hulu is also a live TV service with content from many other companies. Their library also has content from other companies. Also, Comcast still owns part of it.

So, it is pretty much impossible to merge Hulu into D+ at this time.

In the end, once Comcast is bought out, Hulu as a live TV service would always have to be separate. The question would then be whether to add a Star section to D+ like in international markets. But if they do that, then that would drain Hulu of all its library and it would be left to be just a live TV service competing with YouTube TV and Tubi et al.

The extra library of content give Hulu an edge over other live TV streamers.

If you want it all, Disney would like to talk to you about "The Bundle."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom