Disney DAS Pass Question?

Vegas Disney Fan

Does the LLMP work the same as the DAS?
It’s similar to the old FP, but you have to pay for it now. The LL multi pass gives you the ability to get return times to most of the rides (usually around $20-30 per person per day), and then the LL Individual pass is a per ride pass available on a selection of the biggest rides, $20-30 each for one ride.

The same limitations of FP apply, you have to use your current reservation before making another, or can stack them if more than 2 hours, it’s based on availability, only one use per ride, etc.

DW Aficionado

It’s similar to the old FP, but you have to pay for it now. The LL multi pass gives you the ability to get return times to most of the rides (usually around $20-30 per person per day), and then the LL Individual pass is a per ride pass available on a selection of the biggest rides, $20-30 each for one ride.

The same limitations of FP apply, you have to use your current reservation before making another, or can stack them if more than 2 hours, it’s based on availability, only one use per ride, etc.
Sounds similar to the DAS system. At our age, we are not into the biggest rides, the traditional less impact rides are what we enjoy, to each their own.

I heard that it's possible for a ride to be out of LL for a day if over it's limit. Does that happen often? If so which rides?

Vegas Disney Fan

Sounds similar to the DAS system. At our age, we are not into the biggest rides, the traditional less impact rides are what we enjoy, to each their own.

I heard that it's possible for a ride to be out of LL for a day if over it's limit. Does that happen often? If so which rides?
The systems are so new I’m now sure anyone has those answers yet, WDWs system just changed a month ago and DLs change hasn’t happened yet, best guess is the E-tickets will sell out though. I forgot to mention before there’s also Virtual queues for some of the rides now, so if you don’t want to pay for an ILL you have a chance to get a VQ at 7am also (although they are usually sold out in seconds so you have to be a bit lucky to get one), when they call your group you have an hour to ride. The VQ rides don’t have a standby queue so you’re only option is a VQ or pay for an ILL. It’s become a lot more confusing over the last couple years even for us old timer regulars.

I’d suggest you at least familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of virtual queues, Lightning lane multi pass and lightning lane individual pass because they’re going to be important to your trip. Depending on when you last went there may be other changes also, like Magical express being gone at WDW, etc.

Sounds like you’re in a similar situation to us, we are both 50+ so we’re not running from ride to ride anymore, we love being in the parks though and just want to get on our half dozen favorite rides in whichever park we’re in. My GF has a heart condition that usually limits our time in the parks to a few hours in the morning, afternoon breaks at the hotel, and then a few hours after sundown, with DAS we used to easily manage the parks, now we aren’t sure if it’ll be worth it anymore, our first post DAS DL trip is in a week and our first post DAS WDW trip isn’t until January, we’re hoping we can still find the magic but we’re a lot more worried about these upcoming trips than we’ve been the dozens of others we’ve taken.

Vegas Disney Fan

Just got back from DL and can say the lines (both standby and LL) were substantially shorter since our last trip prior to the DAS changes, we didn’t even bother with LL, we did rope drop every day and managed to wait less than 25 minutes for every ride all weekend (including Space, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Indy, Runaway railway, etc), the only rides we didn’t do were Radiator Springs Racers, Rise, and Guardians because they were constantly around an hour or more.

It was also insanely hot all weekend so maybe it was less busy than normal, we were out of the parks by 1 everyday so we likely missed the worst lines, we were pleasantly surprised how well we were able to manage without DAS though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom