Disney Cruises from Port Miami

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Anyone have any experience sailing Disney out of Port Miami?
  • What Terminal do they use?
  • When do you find out which Terminal the ship is going to be at?
  • Which parking garage are you allowed to park in?
We have only sailed Disney out of Port Canaveral and it looks like Port Miami is a nightmare compared to Canaveral.

JaxFLBear

According to the DCL website, they use Terminal C at Port Miami. Looking at the Port Miami map, there is a garage and surface lot close to the terminal building. Looking at a google street view, there appears to be electronic signs at the port which might indicate what terminal a particular ship is dock at that day.

portmiami-map-2.jpg

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Thanks Jax. I've seen that but I have also seen the Port have Garage C closed and diverting DCL guests to Garage G. Just hopping I wouldn't have to wait until the morning of the Cruise to find all this out on arrival at the Terminal.

Chip Chipperson

Has anyone sailed out of Miami recently? I'm wondering if DCL guests with cars are still being forced to park at Terminal G when the ship is at Terminal C. If so, is the walk from G to C manageable/faster than waiting for the bus?

TrainsOfDisney

I just sailed on Virgin out of Miami and my Uber driver said that all the other terminals are “a mess” to get in and out of because of construction.

I’m not sure how much that helps but it seems like there is quite a bit of construction still happening so it may be inconvenient for some terminals.

Chip Chipperson

I just sailed on Virgin out of Miami and my Uber driver said that all the other terminals are “a mess” to get in and out of because of construction.

I’m not sure how much that helps but it seems like there is quite a bit of construction still happening so it may be inconvenient for some terminals.

True. Terminal C was a little tricky for me to drive to recently because the ramp was closed so I ended up making a loop around to get where I needed to be. It only added a few minutes to my drive but was annoying because the lack of signage made it more difficult than it needed to be. I definitely prefer Port Canaveral over Miami.

rick3236

Anyone have any experience sailing Disney out of Port Miami?
  • What Terminal do they use?
  • When do you find out which Terminal the ship is going to be at?
  • Which parking garage are you allowed to park in?
We have only sailed Disney out of Port Canaveral and it looks like Port Miami is a nightmare compared to Canaveral.
We sailed out of Miami last August. We sailed out of terminal C and parked in the garage directly across the street. We dropped our luggage in the curb right in front of the terminal, parked right across the street. There was a crossing guard, so no problem crossing the street.

Miami did feel hectic and disorganized compared to Port Canaveral.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We sailed out of Miami last August. We sailed out of terminal C and parked in the garage directly across the street. We dropped our luggage in the curb right in front of the terminal, parked right across the street. There was a crossing guard, so no problem crossing the street.

Miami did feel hectic and disorganized compared to Port Canaveral.

We Uber'ed in 2 weeks ago, but the drop off/pick up spot is a very busy area and felt rather chaotic. We didn't feel anything was terribly disorganized after that, despite the fact that we waited half an hour to board after getting checked in. But you do feel like you're in a generic cruise terminal with some Disney posters on the wall. And that walk on the gangway could not feel less magical, but maybe that was just me. Hopefully Port Everglades remedies all of that, which it sounds like it will. I look forward to potentially sailing out of there next year.

Chip Chipperson

We Uber'ed in 2 weeks ago, but the drop off/pick up spot is a very busy area and felt rather chaotic. We didn't feel anything was terribly disorganized after that, despite the fact that we waited half an hour to board after getting checked in. But you do feel like you're in a generic cruise terminal with some Disney posters on the wall. And that walk on the gangway could not feel less magical, but maybe that was just me. Hopefully Port Everglades remedies all of that, which it sounds like it will. I look forward to potentially sailing out of there next year.
I wasn't a fan of the boarding process there, either. It seemed like all the speakers were facing 1 direction - and that direction was where you entered the terminal rather than where the majority of people were waiting to board, so it was hard to hear what groups were being called. Fortunately, we had a spot near the gangway entrance so we were able to see the CMs holding up signs indicating what groups could board.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wasn't a fan of the boarding process there, either. It seemed like all the speakers were facing 1 direction - and that direction was where you entered the terminal rather than where the majority of people were waiting to board, so it was hard to hear what groups were being called. Fortunately, we had a spot near the gangway entrance so we were able to see the CMs holding up signs indicating what groups could board.
There were overhead announcements for us, which I’m sure was helpful for everyone not in the immediate area of the gangway (we somehow managed to get 4 seats right next to the gangway entrance). But if those weren’t working, I'm not sure how anyone outside that area would know.

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Has anyone sailed out of Miami recently? I'm wondering if DCL guests with cars are still being forced to park at Terminal G when the ship is at Terminal C. If so, is the walk from G to C manageable/faster than waiting for the bus?

We sailed just before Christmas (returned Christmas Eve). The Miami port was an absolute mess and I suggested you get there as early as possible. We were, however, able to park in Garage C and was a very simple process once we parked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom