Disney cruise or Disney world?

Jbiker

Need your help!!!, thinking of going to either a Disney cruise (magic) in March or Disney world (all star sport). Last time in Disney was last year summer for a week. Never been in a Disney cruise but we have done other cruises and I'm not necessarily a fan. My kids are 9 and 16. Price wise is about the same but the cruise is only 4 nights and Disney world would be 6 nights. Plus need to get my kids and wife passports which adds another expense, one of my problems is that I don't see a lot of value for my money in the cruise but my wife kind of wants to do the cruise. I really just love Disney. What do you guys suggest?

21stamps

I would ask your kids and let them heavily influence your decision.

Discuss the ship and excursions with them, maybe they'll want the parks or maybe they'll want the Magic.

I'm probably going to get crucified for saying this here, but...
At 9 and 16 your family may be better off doing an Oasis or Quantum class on Royal Caribbean, or even the new Carnival Vista -which looks pretty darn awesome.

All depends on your own personal preference. Good luck with the decision!

Upvote 0

hanwill

Do a Disney cruise! Without a doubt, my kids loved it! They spent a lot of time in the kids clubs and never wanted to leave. They have said it was one of their favorite vacations. Go! At least try it once. That being said, we loved the parks a little more than the cruise, but there was nothing at all we would say negative about the cruise... it was just a different kind of vacation. The kids clubs are fantastic-and the kids were doing really fun activities in those clubs. I took a 14, 12 and 3 year old on that trip-and we all loved it.

Upvote 0

andy773

I sailed the Fantasy in April 2014 in a Concierge stateroom and the Dream in January 2015 in a Verandah stateroom. Loved it both times.

Having said that, since then, Disney has priced themselves out of what I feel to be reasonable. I saved all the fares when we booked in 2013 and compared them to fares for 2017. I saw increases of 25% to 50% for a verandah cabin. I can't justify that when I can get a suite on Princess for the same price as a verandah on Disney.

If you are a Disney fanatic and if to you, if it's not Disney entertainment it's not entertainment, then do the cruise. Otherwise, save your money and do the parks.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I sailed the Fantasy in April 2014 in a Concierge stateroom and the Dream in January 2015 in a Verandah stateroom. Loved it both times.

Having said that, since then, Disney has priced themselves out of what I feel to be reasonable. I saved all the fares when we booked in 2013 and compared them to fares for 2017. I saw increases of 25% to 50% for a verandah cabin. I can't justify that when I can get a suite on Princess for the same price as a verandah on Disney.

If you are a Disney fanatic and if to you, if it's not Disney entertainment it's not entertainment, then do the cruise. Otherwise, save your money and do the parks.
Depending on time of year though. I'm kind of kicking myself for giving my son the choice of parks or cruise now. We were booked on the Fantasy in a balcony 5A for 11/26/16 combined with 6 nights WDW. I had to cut the vacation back due to work. So last month I switched the cruise to same week 2017.

Surprisingly our 9 night park stay is a few thousand dollars more than the cruise..even including excursions.

That said, as much as I am looking forward to DCL, we are doing Alaska with NCL this coming June. Better price and in my opinion better itinerary. We are doing Iceland with MSC for the same reasons.. $7k less for Northern Europe/Iceland with MSC over DCL, no one can possibly convince me that DCL has an extra $7000 in service and entertainment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom