Disney Cruise Land and sea package? Questions

spin0908

As you can see, this is my first post...but I read the forums daily...sometimes a few times a day just to try to keep up with my FAV. place!

I am looking for any advice that can be offered regarding the land and sea packages. My DD (5) and DH will also be going, and we will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary, and hope to sail in June of 2010, quite a ways out i know, but i am a planner :) This would be our FIRST cruise.....

Some of my questions...

• Will there be enough to keep us busy? We go to the parks for a week long vacation, every other year and we are constantly on the RUN...and sadly, i think that is the way we prefer it to be...
  • Will my 5 year old have a good time?
  • Is it better (price wise) to book the land and sea portions separately?
Any information or helpful websites would be appreciated...

Chape19714

Yes, there's plenty to do on the ship, but fit relaxation into your schedule. Tons of planned activities are offered daily.

The 5 year old will have a great time, and has an exclusive Oceanear Club to play all day. It features a pirate ship playground, stories, "field trips" around the ship, and character appearances. It's all supervised by the Team members, and most (99%) of kids love it! Best of all it's all on Deck 5 of the ship.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Yes, you and your 5 year old will have a great time!! There is a ton to do onboard. Every night when you go back to your cabin you will have a schedule for the next days activities. They go all day long.

The kids clubs are wonderful. Most kids have to be drug out to spend time with their parents!!

It can definitely be cheaper to book separately. An advantage to booking separately is flexibility. You could take advantage of any deals Disney World is having like the buy 4 get 3 special for example, and then start your cruise.

An advantage of booking the land sea is one check in for everything and transfers.

I have a couple of trip reports to recent cruises, with lots of pictures, that I linked on a decent cruise thread if you're interested.:)

I can help you compare the prices to booking it all seperately or booking a land sea if you'd like. Just shoot me an email.:)

Upvote 0

jjbuster2

I've done the Land & Sea as a package once. It was our 2nd Disney trip ever and now that we've been several times it seems like we would have saved money on that one had we pieced it together ourselves.

There is a ton to do and the kid's clubs are apparently addictive (we had a hard time getting DD to leave them...had to keep promising her she could come back later :)). Our only regret was getting the cheap room. Yes, everyone says you're not in the room that much, but with no window waking up in the morning was disorienting.

Castaway Cay is the best!

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

We also are trying to plan our first cruise in Jan/Feb 2010. Due to work vacation scheduling, we may have to due the 4 night cruise first, Sun-Thurs, and then a few days @ WDW Thurs-Sun.
Would like to hear what people who have done a similiar itinerary felt about it. Thanks!:)

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I've done the 4 night before, but I've never done a Land/Sea package. I loved the 4 night. I prefer longer cruises, but I didn't feel "rushed" on the 4 night. There was plenty of time to relax and enjoy the ship.

When we get off the ship, I am always wanting to avoid going home, so being able to stay at WDW for a few days would be awesome!!

Some people recommend sailing after WDW, so you can relax from the WDW part of your vacation.

I would be happy either way though.:)

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

We did a four day land, three day sea package a few years ago. You will NOT be bored! :)

We found that the short cruise was perfect as an intro to cruises in general -- we weren't sure if we'd like it since we'd never done one before, so we didn't want to jump into a full week cruise.

There's so much to eat and see and just walking around the ship itself can keep you occupied for a good amount of time. They have tons of things for children your son's age.

And, depending on how much time you have to take a vacation, you can do what we did -- have them take you BACK to WDW for one more day after your cruise is over! ;)

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

We did the 3 day last summer and it was our first. Thought the 3 day would be plenty but it wasnt. We werent ready to leave although it was to go back to WDW.
We did the Cruise first. I knew what was at WDW but was unsure of the cruise so I didnt want to spend my entire WDW stay wondering what the cruise would be like. We actually decided to do 2 days before the cruise at PoP so it was like getting two Disney vacations in one trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom