disney cruise in january?

disneybonbon

Has anyone ever done the Bahamas cruise in January? I'm wondering if it will be too cold for lounging in the sun. My other option is March, but is that much warmer?

Thanks!

dflye

We went on the 3 night Bahamas cruise the 3rd weekend of this January, and the weather was fantastic in my mind. :D

It was definitely swim-suit or shorts & t-shirt weather in the daytime, especially when the ship was docked. When the ship was moving, especially at night, it was cool enough for pants & either long sleeve or layered top.

The temperature in the Bahamas is theoretically very constant throughout the year, so the "winter" highs of the upper 70s aren't exactly dramatically different from the "summer" highs of the upper 80s. The difference between January and March is negligible, something like 2 degrees warmer in March.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I just went on a cruise this past january (non-disney, but i don't think that matters for this question). The weather was somewhat hit or miss. Some days it was beautiful (and hot) and you could lounge around. Other days (when we were close to the mainland) were windy and cold. I would say that it could go either way, but at the same time I think you will get a few good days. If you need any help planning anything, feel free to drop me an email (address in the sig).

Upvote 0

SallyShine

The last January cruise we went on was fine. It got a little chilly on deck, but if you could get out of the wind, it was no problem. Also, the water (ocean) was pretty cold. I would wear a wet suit for diving or snorkeling.

Upvote 0

thrupaytonseyes

I would choose MArch if you can. It actually is much warmer because it is not as windy in March as it is in January. I have not been on a cruise during those months but have been to the Bahamas in each of those months. Feels much warmer in March. In January you always want to keep a sweatshirt or wrap close by because you don't know when it will start to chill a little.

Enjoy your cruise!

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

SallyShine said:
The last January cruise we went on was fine. It got a little chilly on deck, but if you could get out of the wind, it was no problem. Also, the water (ocean) was pretty cold. I would wear a wet suit for diving or snorkeling.
Thanks for the tip. I will have my fiancee bring her wetsuit when we go (she has a tendency of getting cold). We're planning on doing some snorkeling at Castaway Cay when we're there. :)

Upvote 0

dumboflyer

We went on the 3-day on Feb. 9-12, and it was very nice weather. But, the last night a cold front swept through, dropping the temp. in the Bahamas to 50F. The March cruise will be far less likely to have that kind of weather, but you'll also pay a lot more!

Upvote 0

disneybonbon

Original Poster
Thanks for the info and advice. I think we're going to end up going in March.

I do have a follow-up question. I've been reading about discounts that DCL sometimes offers, AP, Castaway Club and special rates. If I book now, can I get an adjustment for the price? I'm an AP holder and a Castaway Club person.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

I took an Eastern loop cruise beginning on January 11, 2003. It was not warm. Castaway Cay was actually kind of chilly b/c it was pretty windy. I didn't go in the water on that visit, but my daughter did, of course. (Try keeping her out of the water!! :rolleyes: )

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom