disney costumes

raven

Someone posted on another thread that the old princess costumes are used on the women dancers in the ballroom scene over at HM. :rolleyes: Riiiiiight.

Rob562

Character clothing that cannot be used anymore is shredded and thrown out.

On our Keys to the Kingdom tour, our Guide explained that regular CM costumes are often donated to homeless shelters and other charities. First, any pieces of clothing that are obviously a theme park costume are taken out and shredded. (Our Guide used his plaid vest as an example of something that would *not* be donated).

Otherwise, there's quite a number of costume pieces that can easily be donated once they reach the end of their useable theme park life. Such as the jeans that CMs in Fronteirland wear, or plain shirts, shorts, etc. Sometimes they need to do a little "surgery" first, like the jackets that custodial CMs wear in cold weathe: patches that say "Magic Kingdom" etc are removed, leaving the plain jacket.

-Rob

Captain Hank

Someone posted on another thread that the old princess costumes are used on the women dancers in the ballroom scene over at HM. :rolleyes: Riiiiiight.
Errr...actually...I could have sworn I saw a costume that looked very similar to Belle's ball gown on one of the ballroom dancers on my last ride-through. I wouldn't entirely discount this rumor. Disney really likes to re-use things (several times, if possible).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom