Disney Contact '96 Sci_fi Convention

HighGuard

Original Poster
I'm trying to put together a list of dates that my family and I have gone to WDW, and I could use some help on an event date. We went to a science fiction convention that was being held in Tomorrowland in 1996, called (oddly enough) Contact '96. A few of the guests were James Doohan, Leonard Nimoy, Billy Mumy and Jonathan Harris, and they had prop displays from various science fiction shows. I have pictures and a video of the presentation from Billy Mumy and Jonathan Harris in the Galaxy Palace Theater, but for some reason, I didn't make note of the dates of the event. If anybody can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

TNKen

Disney World Magic Kingdom Contact 96 Sci-Fi Event January 21, 1996
Greetings from Another Galaxy
View props and displays from your favorite movies and T.V. shows. See and meet your favorite Sci-Fi authors and celebrities, buy their books, get their autographs!

Above is quoted from an item posted on EBAY.

Nemo14

Disney World Magic Kingdom Contact 96 Sci-Fi Event January 21, 1996
Greetings from Another Galaxy
View props and displays from your favorite movies and T.V. shows. See and meet your favorite Sci-Fi authors and celebrities, buy their books, get their autographs!

Above is quoted from an item posted on EBAY.

That original post is from 2008.

Jon Skinner

I'm a little late on replying to this thread, but it was January 21, 1996. I was a Magic Kingdom Guest Relations VIP Guide, and Jonathan's Host for the three days he was there. I remember this vividly because, when he found out that January 21 was my Mom's birthday, and insisted on leaving her a telephone message to wish her a happy birthday and let her know what a "delightful young man" she had raised. It has always been my favorite VIP tour and one I am not soon to forget.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom