News Disney considering a service like Uber at WDW - Confirmed as Minnie Van

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The drivers are saying they accept tips. I don't know where you are getting your information. When they started the trial period they were doing it for free, so maybe that's where the bloggers got this no tip thing from. Any paid valet type position you tip. Unless it's Bob Iger driving, they will gladly take your tip.
Again I ask... Do you tip your bus driver? How about your parking lot tram operator? Monorail staff? Ferry captain?

I'm guessing not.

I do tip the Magical Express driver, but that's more for the load/unload of the bus that the driving.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Again I ask... Do you tip your bus driver? How about your parking lot tram operator? Monorail staff? Ferry captain?

I'm guessing not.

I do tip the Magical Express driver, but that's more for the load/unload of the bus that the driving.
Here's another question: do you pay your bus driver, parking lot tram operator, monorail staff or ferry captain $25 to ride their conveyance?

djkidkaz

Those are the 2018 models. Those Chevy Traverses are a redesign from the 2017 models we saw initially.

So are they working on getting them completed or since there was a redesign they just figured no one really cares if the Minnie vans have all their dots?

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
So are they working on getting them completed or since there was a redesign they just figured no one really cares if the Minnie vans have all their dots?
071E4335-862F-4201-A823-86880F2A258D.jpeg

USofA scott

The drivers are saying they accept tips. I don't know where you are getting your information. When they started the trial period they were doing it for free, so maybe that's where the bloggers got this no tip thing from. Any paid valet type position you tip. Unless it's Bob Iger driving, they will gladly take your tip.
There is a difference between accwpting a tip and tips being expected

Monorail_Red_77

I noticed the Minnie Vans also travel to the Non-Disney hotels on property, along Hotel Blvd (Disney Springs Area). AS we were walking along Hotel Blvd we saw the same Minnie Van #34 go from one hotel to the next and so on. This was on Monday 5/28.

deeevo

I noticed the Minnie Vans also travel to the Non-Disney hotels on property, along Hotel Blvd (Disney Springs Area). AS we were walking along Hotel Blvd we saw the same Minnie Van #34 go from one hotel to the next and so on. This was on Monday 5/28.
Really? I wonder if that is because those hotels are partner hotels. I also wanted to add that I tried 3 times this week to catch a Minnie Van and failed to get a driver. Once from Poly and twice from Pop. Finally used it from Epcot last night after Illuminations. It was frustrating because we had to take the Monorail back to the MK bus depot to get to Pop since we watched fireworks from the beach.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nothing says you have to top them.

Woah, dude...you tip a driver...hence why lift has that convenient tip function on the app.

We took it once in April as a novelty...it was overpriced but fine.

The problem is that the driver said they had 20 cars to cover the property. If the concept is eliminate the lag on Disney buses...which it is much of the time...that’s not gonna cut it.

Rteetz

Woah, dude...you tip a driver...hence why lift has that convenient tip function on the app.

We took it once in April as a novelty...it was overpriced but fine.

The problem is that the driver said they had 20 cars to cover the property. If the concept is eliminate the lag on Disney buses...which it is much of the time...that’s not gonna cut it.
They have way more vehicles than that now and keep looking for ways to expand it. It’s been very popular.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They have way more vehicles than that now and keep looking for ways to expand it. It’s been very popular.

Well it was six weeks ago...but when the bell manager at AKL lodge and the driver mention that the wait times are long because there weren’t enough cars...and in fact they were...

I took it as semi-true...not bus drive rumor or cast conspiracy.

Grain of salt.

Rteetz

Well it was six weeks ago...but when the bell manager at AKL lodge and the driver mention that the wait times are long because there weren’t enough cars...and in fact they were...

I took it as semi-true...not bus drive rumor or cast conspiracy.

Grain of salt.
I am fairly certain they had more than 20 vehicles in April on property too.

They are looking to expand to take to Port Canaveral and they have even looked at bringing them to Disneyland.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am fairly certain they had more than 20 vehicles in April on property too.

They are looking to expand to take to Port Canaveral and they have even looked at bringing them to Disneyland.

20 in service....so yeah...gonna need more. Lot of ground to cover and If its a 29 minutes pick up time when point a to b is 5 Miles - give or take - that’s a logistics thing.

I would have little doubt that they will increase the fleet/support.

orlando79

I added a note to the "Minnie Van Service Now Available to All Restort Guests" blog to the effect that this wasn't exactly true. Not every guest has a Lyft connection (including me). The comment was quickly removed. Maybe Disney IS only for the smartphone connected these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom