News Disney confirms multiple EPCOT projects are paused

IMDREW

After all this time. Disney could have worked on the Epcot overhaul years ago.

But Disney has ignored it. Epcot is officially the worst Disney park in the world. Most of its attractions have been neglected far too long.

Blame the cheap and lazy executives for chasing stupid trendy IP fads.

Then the coronavirus ruined everything. The Epcot overhaul has died.

Figment will never get revamped! No Festival Center! No Journey of Water! Most of the new Epcot pavilion symbols like the Festival Center and Moana is just worthless now.

Epcot will never be fixed! Disney doesn't care. They have been cheap and lazy far too long.

EPCOT overhaul has died!

Eric Idle and Judi Dench are immortal. 2002 CG Figment will still keep skunk farting in your face.

Blame Iger, Cheapek, and Imagineering for being paint by the numbers and chasing trending IPs instead of focusing on what made Epcot special in the first place.

We give up. The Epcot transformation is dead. Because Disney gave up.
Uhm. WDS Paris still takes that crown..

BubbaisSleep

But Disney has ignored it. Epcot is officially the worst Disney park in the world. Most of its attractions have been neglected far too long.

Figment will never get revamped! No Festival Center! No Journey of Water! Most of the new Epcot pavilion symbols like the Festival Center and Moana is just worthless now.

Epcot will never be fixed! Disney doesn't care. They have been cheap and lazy far too long.

EPCOT overhaul has died!

Eric Idle and Judi Dench are immortal. 2002 CG Figment will still keep skunk farting in your face.

Blame Iger, Cheapek, and Imagineering for being paint by the numbers and chasing trending IPs instead of focusing on what made Epcot special in the first place.

I'm confused what projects exactly are cancelled or "on hold" as Disney put it. I see nothing about Moana being cancelled, just Marry Poppins and the Spaceship Earth revamp. I don't doubt Moana,the Festival Center, and anything else continuing development are severely cut back though.

Lilofan

What disappoints me is that Disney doesn't even care about fixing the Imagination pavilion and just letting it rot to death! Eric Idle is an immortal Satan from hell. And Figment is just obnoxious. I want this attraction gone forever so it can be replaced by Dreamfinder!
They fixed part of the top level of Imagination. It's the private VIP area for DVC members.

brb1006

EPCOT overhaul has died!

Uh, what about "Walt Disney Studios Park" in Paris?

esskay

Sucks but not surprising. Poppins was probably the easiest one to throw out.

I'm quite surprised the Play pavilion hasn't been scrapped. Possibly means they've already gone pretty far with it so may as well finish?

brb1006

Festival Center is gone! Moana is gone! Disney will never update Figment because all of those precious Figment/Dreamfinder people who rode the ride back in 1983 would probably be too old and would probably die once it gets revamped in 2050! Disney will never update because they do not give a god damn care about it. Fix it Disney now! Or you are going to hell!
Look on the bright side, at least the "Figment Comics" gave more exposure to Figment and Dreamfinder to the next generation. Apparently it was so successful, that the people at the Disney Company were shocked.

peter11435

Festival Center is gone! Moana is gone! Disney will never update Figment because all of those precious Figment/Dreamfinder people who rode the ride back in 1983 would probably be too old and would probably die once it gets revamped in 2050! Disney will never update because they do not give a god damn care about it. Fix it Disney now! Or you are going to hell!
Moana is not gone.

also you need to calm down

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

EPCOT overhaul has died!

Wow! Everyone ok in here?
We surrender! We surrender!
What an explosion!

Dizknee_Phreek

They fixed part of the top level of Imagination. It's the private VIP area for DVC members.
"Fixed" is a very loose term in this case. Throwing some chairs up there and closing off the main attraction of the upstairs was a bandaid, if that.

Look on the bright side, at least the "Figment Comics" gave more exposure to Figment and Dreamfinder to the next generation. Apparently it was so successful, that the people at the Disney Company were shocked.
I SO wish they would make a new Figment/Dreamfinder attraction based on the comic! As much as I adored the original attraction I know it's dead. But a new story with those characters based on the style of the comics would be amazing. It would breathe new life into the pavilion, make the classic Epcot lovers happy and make it relevant to the new generation who became familiar with the comics.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Sad to loose a new project like Poppins, last I heard it wasn't going to be a ride, but some sort of carousel. Looks like for the time being, we are left to wonder what could've been.

Makes me sad that Fountain of Nations was demolished, let alone for what it was going to be replaced with.

SSE needs some love and care, not a full overhaul, imo. Hopefully it'll get the effort and investment it deserves.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom