Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Alektronic

Found this cool clip of a stuck Maelstrom boat. Looks like leading into the troll room. Not sure why passengers weren't evac'ed. Would have been easier to move the boat.

Let me describe what is going here, basically it is a heavily overloaded boat and it bottomed out and wouldn't go past the next boat stop. So now you have to safely evac them and there is no room to safely evac them in Troll Country so they have to pull the boat to the Viking Village to safely evac them, so they have to pull it back and put on a boat stop.

The ride would be down for 45 min to a hour, but of course, the ride didn't really break down, it was just loaded incorrectly and that was an operations issue not a maintenance one and that happens about 95% of the time.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They are most likely going out to a shop to be modified. They'll probably convert them into snowmobiles.

lets hope not lolol. i would rather see sleighs[/QUOTE]

That is what I thought when I saw this video, retrofit them when they pulled them out of there so quickly. Bringing them back will likely be overnight and covered.

Timekeeper

I don't understand why these guests were walked through the entire attraction from the waterfall (for an evac). Aren't there various stairwells available that go straight down to ground level for emergency exit? I remember seeing a door immediately adjacent to the waterfall.

Cesar R M

I don't understand why these guests were walked through the entire attraction from the waterfall (for an evac). Aren't there various stairwells available that go straight down to ground level for emergency exit? I remember seeing a door immediately adjacent to the waterfall.

unless the stairs were down for maintenance as well, due of budget cuts by Jay "Scissor fingers" Rasulo. :hilarious:

Captain Chaos

The first images of the Olaf AA are here. Don't ask how I got this top secret information. Shhhh

Frozen-Olaf-%23shop.jpg

And the AA's for Anna and Elsa too.

m_53f2e4313ddfd404540468df.jpg

As you can see, Disney is sparing no expense! $75 million gets you awesome cardboard cut outs!!!!!

Timekeeper

Not my original photo, but this one warms my heart :happy:

Epcot-Maelstrom-DDP-1400x966.jpg

EDIT: Here's the photo credit -

Farewell Maelstrom – by Eddison Esteban
September 23, 2014

"I am a bit melancholy that Maelstrom is going away to be replaced by a Frozen Attraction. The Norway Pavilion has always been a favorite of mine due to the Maelstrom attraction. I remember the first time I experienced it over 20 years ago, it has always stayed with me. I wonder how the Frozen Attraction will change the pavilion, I have to trust that Disney is moving in the right direction with this decision."

Handheld 1/25 second exposure at f/3.5 at 14mm. Lens used was Nikon 14-24mm and camera was Nikon D4s.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I had a dream last night about maelstrom.

I drempt I was riding maelstrom and I was happy because I thought "oh wow they're keeping it!"

Then I got off the ride and realized there was no more design on the building. I asked bob iger (yes, dream) why there was no facade and he cackled at me. He said "oh we are keeping the ride open during construction so that all the fans can slowly watch their favorite attraction die."

I have weird dreams.

Mr Anderson

I drempt I was riding maelstrom and I was happy because I thought "oh wow they're keeping it!"

Then I got off the ride and realized there was no more design on the building. I asked bob iger (yes, dream) why there was no facade and he cackled at me. He said "oh we are keeping the ride open during construction so that all the fans can slowly watch their favorite attraction die."

I have weird dreams.
Sounds like something he'd do, though. o_O

aladdin2007

I have weird dreams.

thats a nightmare :devilish:

Nick Wilde

I have weird dreams.
This part happened to me too. But I had to pick up the boat and carry it to the loading dock, and then when I went outside of the attraction, I was in Morocco. Then I woke up.

I have weird dreams.

Timekeeper

Why don't they just put a live streaming webcam inside the building during demo, and then you can use the Disney app to schedule reservations for when you can log on and watch one hour of demo.

Mr Anderson

Why don't they just put a live streaming webcam inside the building during demo, and then you can use the Disney app to schedule reservations for when you can log on and watch one hour of demo.
You have to sign up via Disney's new FP+ Premium, 1 month in advance, for a cost of $24.99 per one hour time slot.

Timekeeper

You have to sign up via Disney's new FP+ Premium, 1 month in advance, for a cost of $24.99 per one hour time slot.

A 1-day ticket to Epcot is $94.00 (not including tax), so the theme park experience is about $7.83 per hour, if you're there from rope drop to fireworks. Given the percentage of time that the average guest spends waiting in line, I suppose your $24.99 hourly rate for virtual attendance is reasonable, so long as non-premium guests are forced to wait in a virtual queue.

Joking aside, there's so much employee traffic backstage in that (Norway) area of Epcot, it will be interesting to see what other photos surface during the rehab.

I wonder what, if any, impact that will have on guest flow on New Year's Eve.

For those of you who have not attended NYE at Epcot before, the streets become so unreasonably crowded/congested that the backstage area is opened as a bypass, taking guests backstage between Norway and China to the area between Test Track and Mission Space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom