Disney College Program.

UltravioletPJ

Videoteck said:
Cool maybe...maybe ill think about doing it next year if not next year the following year. I was thinking of going to school in Washington next year but I really dont think I am ready for that, so maybe ill do the program first.
you have to have one semester of college completed before you can do it ;)

disney.co.nr

Original Poster
you guys are awesome, thank you so much for your awesome advice. I think I am going to give it a try, not for the pay, but for the expierance. How often would you get an opportunity like this.

Just one more question for the people who have done or about to do the program, what kind of jobs did you want and what kind did you get?

Sweetums

I was REALLY lucky, I think. I wanted attractions, preferably something where I could talk and be a part of the attraction (e.g. Jungle Cruise) vs. just loading and unloading. I got the Great Movie Ride which was awesome!

At that time, the tour guides had a part where we got shot and had a fake blood patch on our shirt which we revealed as we fell down some stairs. So, not only did we get to narrate, we were part of the action! I understand that bit didn't last long due to the liability of $5/hour operations CM's doing stunts.

I think, no matter where you end up though, it is a very worthwhile and fun experience.

phillipsa9

i did the college program last spring and it was a life changing experience. it definetly takes a certain type of person to work for disney. the job, excuse me role, that i had was one with a lot of rules and regulations... too many in my opinion but i really did love the over all experience of the college program. i made great friends and learned about a lot. as far as money goes you learn to get by and the discounts are a nice perk. would i work for disney again? yes. but not as a cp and not in the job location that i worked... if you love disney then go for it

Ryoseth

Yes, i did my college program Aug 05-Jan 06, and even though my role wasnt the best. it REALLY wasnt that bad at all. i LOVED being down there, and i REALLY wish i could go back down. but i cant afford to take another semester off of school. but hopefully that will change. I MISS WDW SO MUCH! but i am hoping to make a visit this summer with a few friends

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom