disney college program questions

rccola18

Original Poster
my interview went smoothly. i talked in a calm, friendly manner so I hope my interviewer was paying attention to that. :) i sent out the application today so now I play the waiting game.

Questions: why do you want to work for Disney? what characteristics can you bring to the Disney company? What's the one thing you must do during a vacation to Disney World? Would you be willing to work Quick Food Service?

well it's been about 6 hours since I sent in my application :p Peace.:lol:

rccola18

Original Poster
i know an acceptance letter is pretty big but does anyone know if a rejection letter is a different size?

yes. i'm paranoid and have a while til it comes.

camille101

Thanks b21nhl, I'll check out the link you've given. I love to see more wonderful programs that they have and see for myself how it is running and maybe apply it as well.

Courtney1188

i know an acceptance letter is pretty big but does anyone know if a rejection letter is a different size?

yes. i'm paranoid and have a while til it comes.

By the time you see the envelope, you have about 5 whole seconds till you know whether you were accepted or rejected, so I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

CaptainShortty

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU THAT APPLIED!!

I'll send my pixie dust your way. If you get in be prepared for an INCREDIBLE experience. It's hard work but it's a ton of fun. =)

- Jess
Spring 2010 Alumni Animal Kingdom Lodge Front Office
Current Disney College Programs Campus Representative

gamaradiation2

Just applied to Spring 2012 at Disneyland.. Third straight year applying. Maybe this time I'll get through. But I'm a little concerned with the fact that now the online interview is something you need to be invited for instead of automatically being after the application. I put moderate to high interest in all the roles on the checklist so hopefully that boosts my chances of getting the invitation. I'm a little concerned because I'm in Florida and they might look at that and not accept me because of the long distance. They also allow you to apply for both the Florida and California programs now on the application, something I didn't see last year.

Really want to get in this time around, but I'm not sure. I have some questions that I'd like to get answered that I'm going to try repeatedly to get answered by either contacting the College Program on the phone or via e-mail. It's worth a shot to "take some initiative" (lol) and maybe they'll see I'm serious about doing this. Also going to go to the presentation when they come to my school and talk to the reps there.

Anyway, did anyone else apply for Spring 2012 since applications started today?

Bmehlrose1

Just applied to Spring 2012 at Disneyland.. Third straight year applying. Maybe this time I'll get through. But I'm a little concerned with the fact that now the online interview is something you need to be invited for instead of automatically being after the application. I put moderate to high interest in all the roles on the checklist so hopefully that boosts my chances of getting the invitation. I'm a little concerned because I'm in Florida and they might look at that and not accept me because of the long distance. They also allow you to apply for both the Florida and California programs now on the application, something I didn't see last year.

Really want to get in this time around, but I'm not sure. I have some questions that I'd like to get answered that I'm going to try repeatedly to get answered by either contacting the College Program on the phone or via e-mail. It's worth a shot to "take some initiative" (lol) and maybe they'll see I'm serious about doing this. Also going to go to the presentation when they come to my school and talk to the reps there.

I applied for the Spring/Spring Advantage! I have my phone interview friday! I am so excited/nervous! I hope you get in to!

CaptainShortty

The CP application and interview process has gone on a major overhaul since last season which is why you've seen lots of differences. One is that you can apply for both FL and CA where in previous times, you had to choose before you applied. Your distance from CA (and not FL) will have no effect on you getting in or not. They have many people from CA in the FL program and many from FL in the CA program.

If you have any questions, I'm a DCP Campus Rep so I can probably answer them for you if you want to give it a shot. I'd be more than happy to help. =) GOOD LUCK with getting in! I hope you do!

gamaradiation2

The only thing I was really concerned about is that I didn't see a presentation when in the past couple years it was always required to view the presentation either at the school or online. And also because it won't be at my school until November and I figured if I wait until then to apply it's possible that they may have accepted all that they can accept for the program.

But that's all taken care of now as I passed the web-based interview and have my phone interview next Wednesday. Any advice for the phone interview? I had one last year as well but I don't think I did well enough on it (obviously) to warrant serious consideration by them.

I'm thinking of going Disney freak on them this time to show how much I love Disney and how much I want to do this program.. For example, telling them I'll accept any role as long as it gets me in the program, I visit WDW here in FL frequently, I know a few people who work or have worked for Disney so I understand the expectations of the cast members to a certain extent, I know a lot about the history of the Disney parks, etc. Any other suggestions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom