News Disney College Program begins again

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I’m really impressed because, during a shareholder meeting, someone asked Chapek if special considerations would be made for recent graduates. He said they would look into it and sure enough recent graduates (within 24 months of applying) will be allowed.
Would be very interesting to know if that was directly related to that questions or if this was always part of the plans.

Stupido

This is great news. As a former College Programer, the CP really adds such a different level of Magic to the parks for me. It's such a life changing journey, and I'm so happy to hear that it's picking back up. Good luck to all those who apply, you have no idea what you're in for, but get ready for an incredible journey.

mm52200

This is great news. As a former College Programer, the CP really adds such a different level of Magic to the parks for me. It's such a life changing journey, and I'm so happy to hear that it's picking back up. Good luck to all those who apply, you have no idea what you're in for, but get ready for an incredible journey.
With never ending blockouts, all time low cast morale, guests being the worst they’ve ever been, reduced offerings, and more I wouldn’t count on it being that same experience for them currently...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
With never ending blockouts, all time low cast morale, guests being the worst they’ve ever been, reduced offerings, and more I wouldn’t count on it being that same experience for them currently...
this. You couldn't bribe me to be a CP...or a CM...until masks go away. It's getting worse and worse every day for CMs and guest entitlement is at an all-time high.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And there are a ton of businesses in that area that are goring to be opening fairly soon that will depend on the student population. There are a lot of factors that are going into this restart.

many reasons...but one big one.

...yeah...I hear ya Dawg 👍🏻🐕

Last edited:

Stupido

well, I think I remember a pretty wise man once saying “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”

sure, any CP is going to have a very unique experience right now, but that doesn’t mean all the magic has dried up. The college program is hard. You’re (usually) outside in the Florida heat, working 14 hours a day doing some form of strenuous labor. There’s no denying that it’s a job first and foremost. Hell, several people quit when I was down just because they couldn't handle what was being asked of them.

however, about 80% of my fellow college programmers all seemed to be looking for something, outside of Disney. They craved adventure, a break from their regular lives, a new frontier. My personal college program helped me accept the death of a very close friend, and step into my identity as an openly gay man. Sure times have changed a lot in the 11 years since I’ve worked at good ole Rat World, but I’ve personally seen so many people find who they’re meant to be through this program. I learned what it meant to be a true friend in my Disney Days, and I've never looked back. The connections we made through this experience will always be the brightest highlight for me.

perspective is everything. Sure, people will be let down by the limitations on the program right now, and some might feel like it’s not worth it at all. but those people who truly open themselves up to the program will find something magical waiting. The artificial vanilla scent of Main Street and unlimited fast passes aren't the real magic behind the college program at all.

Smiley/OCD

I will say this (FWIW), my oldest DD was in the CP about 3 years ago...she was mostly outdoors and absolutely loved it. She also made some long term friends from across the country that she remains in touch with. We have a family on our block whose daughter ended up doing 3 "tours of duty" with the CP, was hired FT and is now in a supervisory position with the Mouse...I guess it's all what you like and love.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you work there currently?

absolutely not...but why are you assuming it’s terrible?

I think it’s probably comparable to working outside last summer...which I had the pleasure of doing sometimes.

I was there for a week recently and didn’t experience anything that was deal breaking. Remember many of the “standard” employees who aren’t 21 did this last summer as well.

and I’ve been there, done that, managed that as far as the CP goes...so I’m not debating theory so much here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom