Disney Collectors.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Sad News Today.

We have several Kinkade paintings. DH loves Kinkade I love Disney. It's a compromise you only make in a marriage.:ROFLOL:

Just read a thread from Crush Dude today,Thomas Kinkade has passed.Tell DH to get his prints insured,they will double in price.

Annielkd

We get a christmas ornament each time we go and perfume/cologne. My son has bough snow globes and he always gets something that lights up. We also buy a mug and hat each time for us. Some of the hats are unique, my son has one with what looks like a ice cream bar melting on the top that everyone comments on. He also trades pins.

LuLaSue

Yeh,but looks like this artist has a mmm how can I put it,oh well,just read the blogs and youll know what Iam trying to say.:wave:
Oh.....:confused:

I just read what I think your are referring to. WoW! I only hope that maybe it is not true. Great artist or regular person you never want to read something like that about someone. The man behind the paintings??? Yikes

Yzma

Band Concert Mickey here! He's not very common (and he has several different "incarnations," but I only collect the original 1935 version). Currently at about a dozen items, still growing thanks to the wonders of eBay!

Jessica618

I have quite a few of the Precious Moment ceramic figures that are Disney inspired of Disney Showcase line. I can proudly say that I found all but 2 of the 12 I have at, of all places, Marshall's. Can't beat 7.99 for Alice painting the roses red!:p

tarjaybuff

My collection

I collect Pins(over200 now), Old Postcards, Die Cast Ride Vehicles, 4oth Anniversary items, and anything with MGM Studios on it.:ROFLOL:

WED Purist

Remember when you used to find great, old stuff on ebay? Now, it's just people trying to make a lot of money off of things they know people will buy. Every now and then, we find something great at a decent price. The most treasured things in our house are probably the Mr. Toad big fig, "Prelude to Slumber" by Eyvind Earle, the Haunted Mansion (plus almost every other thing Disne put out by ), plus some one of a kind stuff I get from work.
Come to think of it, we have every thing from the "Gourmet Blue" kitchen set, although it took a while to find the salad plates. I like the new Mary Blair plates, too. And yes, we eat off of them every day, because that's what they're for.

The Duck

Remember when you used to find great, old stuff on ebay? Now, it's just people trying to make a lot of money off of things they know people will buy. Every now and then, we find something great at a decent price. The most treasured things in our house are probably the Mr. Toad big fig, "Prelude to Slumber" by Eyvind Earle, the Haunted Mansion (plus almost every other thing Disne put out by ), plus some one of a kind stuff I get from work.
Come to think of it, we have every thing from the "Gourmet Blue" kitchen set, although it took a while to find the salad plates. I like the new Mary Blair plates, too. And yes, we eat off of them every day, because that's what they're for.

I know exactly what you mean. I collect Donald and the rest of the Disney Ducks. Last January, I saw a Donald Big Fig on Ebay that I had never seen before. My guess was that it was a new release that someone had bought at a Disney Park and they wanted to make a quick profit. Luckily, I was planning a WDW trip in less than 2 weeks so I was on the lookout for it. I bought the same piece on Main St. and saved over $100.00.

Tigger1988

Even if you have the certificate and it is numbered?

You MIGHT (unlikely) get back what you shelled out for it but it's never going to increase in value. You have a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy. I've seen it said that the frames are worth more than the "painting" in this case.

LuLaSue

You MIGHT (unlikely) get back what you shelled out for it but it's never going to increase in value. You have a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy. I've seen it said that the frames are worth more than the "painting" in this case.

Hmmm..
Thanks...:(

Tinkerbella16

When you walk into our house, we have a huge Curio cabinet filled with all of our things collected from WDW over the years.. snow globes, porceline figures, paintings we bought from MGM Studios Animation, picture frames..

We have 3 statues- 2 mickey, 1 goofy in our foyer area. We collect christmas ornaments. Our tree is nothing but disney ornaments and the majority of them are from the parks. Each year, we buy new ones and every christmas my sister and I order new ones for my mom as a gift.

My neighbors 2 year old daughter loves coming over to our house to see the disney stuff.. when they go for walks she always points to our house and says "Mickey"! lol

radev104

My fiance and I started our collection of Christmas ornaments last year. But we said we only buy them from the parks when we are down there. So last year we bought a 2011 ornament and this year we will buy a 2012. We aren't sure when we will be there next though. We wanted something to remind us of the trip that we will definitely use every year.

timeman

Pics, I'd love to see some pics of these collections.

Yes we definitely need to see some pics. I for one would love it if Master Yoda posted pics of his dust collecting Snowglobes. :ROFLOL: I have seen some of his collection in person and you have to look up to see them as they are close to his ceiling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom