Disney Coaster problem

mickey04

Original Poster
Hi, I'm having a problem with "Ultimate Ride: Disney Coaster." Whenever I open it up, this "Terawatt Window" (which is just an all white window" opens with the hourglass. I don't know what to do or how to close it. The same thing happened w/ the original Ultimate Ride and i could never play it. However, with that one I never really cared. I really want to play this one. Has this happened to anyone else, and more improtantly, HOW DO I FIX IT? (BTW, I have Windows Me-- which the game is supposedly compatible.)

MicBat

I'm not a computer expert, but maybe you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the program. Were you ever able to play the game or did it do it from the time you installed it?

mickey04

Original Poster
Originally posted by MicBat
I'm not a computer expert, but maybe you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the program. Were you ever able to play the game or did it do it from the time you installed it?
No, I wasn't ever able to play it and I did try reinstalling it many times.:( But I appreciate the suggestion anyway, do you have any more?

bamboo7

Originally posted by mickey04
Sorry, I feel kinda stupid, but what exactly are you asking for? :eek:

basically, what CPU (processor) do you have and at how many MHz does it run?

How much ram do you have?

What video card do you have?

mickey04

Original Poster
127 MB RAM

Pentium 4 Processor (don;t know how many MHz)

And I can't remember what kind of video card I have (how do i find that out)

Hope that helps.

Walter

Error: "Uncaught Non-Terawatt Exception Error" when trying to ride a coaster or run the game
· More often than not, updating the video drivers and/or disabling certain graphic and game features in the options menu will solve these problems. If you receive this error when trying to ride a coaster, try the following tips:
· In the Options: Game screen window, try disabling the Car Shadows and the Track Shadows options. Certain video cards may not support these features.
· In the Options: Graphics screen window, try disabling the Triple Buffering and Vertical Synch options.
· In Options: Resolution window, try using a lower resolution setting. We recommend 800X600. Also, setting the game to 16-bit color instead of 32-bit color.
· Check with your video card manufacturer to see if there are updated drivers for your video card. Your video (and sound) card driver need to be compatible with DirectX 8 in order for the game to function properly.
· Try installing DirectX manually. Run the DXSETUP.EXE program on the URCD in the Setup folder, and follow the installation instructions. URCD requires DirectX 8.1 to run.
· If you are loading or creating “modded” coasters, try installing the game once again. If an art or sound file is missing, this error could occur. Reinstalling the game will make sure all art and sound files are placed in the correct directories. Also make sure all art and audio files you received with the MOD are placed in the proper directories.
· Backup your saved coasters, uninstall the game, delete the installation folder including the saves folder, then reinstall the program. Test the game. Put your saved coasters back. Test the game again.

I hope that that helps. I took it from the Ultimate Ride website.

mickey04

Original Poster
Hey thanks I appreciate the effort in finding all that. :) Now I can't start the game so I can't do everything with the options menu, but I will try installing DirectX manually. I'll report back with the results soon.

mickey04

Original Poster
Well, the DirectX thing didn't work. I may have to get a new video card. :hammer: Anyone know how much they cost?

I just wanna play my game, is that so much to ask. :cry: :cry:

bamboo7

Well, the DirectX thing didn't work. I may have to get a new video card. :hammer: Anyone know how much they cost?

I just wanna play my game, is that so much to ask. :cry: :cry:

well, from the other info you gave about your computer, it sounds fairly new, and this game doesn't exactly require the newest video card. as for prices, they range greatly. cards that are a little old but still play most games can be as cheap as $40 or you could pay $400 for a really good card. a common price for newer very nice cards is around $100, give or take. anyway, i kinda doubt that is your problem. I'd guess its more likely that the software just doesn't like your system (disney interactive is sort of known for not-great code)

mickey04

Original Poster
Originally posted by bamboo7
well, from the other info you gave about your computer, it sounds fairly new, and this game doesn't exactly require the newest video card. as for prices, they range greatly. cards that are a little old but still play most games can be as cheap as $40 or you could pay $400 for a really good card. a common price for newer very nice cards is around $100, give or take. anyway, i kinda doubt that is your problem. I'd guess its more likely that the software just doesn't like your system (disney interactive is sort of known for not-great code)

Oh, man. i don't wanna go out and buy any sort of video card unless I'm guaranteed it will work. I can't believe the game would just not work on my computer. It doesn't seem fair- i really wanted to play it. :cry:

Anyone got any other suggestions?:veryconfu

bamboo7

Oh, man. i don't wanna go out and buy any sort of video card unless I'm guaranteed it will work. I can't believe the game would just not work on my computer. It doesn't seem fair- i really wanted to play it. :cry:

Anyone got any other suggestions?:veryconfu

ok, lets start by doing this:

hit windows and break at the same time (or if you can't go to your control panel, then system)

Get into device manager (if running win nt, 2k, or xp click the hardware tab, then device manager. otherwise there should be a device manager tab).

once device manager opens, find and expand the 'display adapter' item, and let me know what it says in that. That will be your video card

stap 1: system properties (win+break)

Attachments

• systemprops.gif
    systemprops.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 335

bamboo7

It ays Radeon DDR.

ok, that should be a radeon/radeon 7500 which should have no problem with a game like that. i currently have a 7500 in my server and in the past i've used to for much heavier games.

Wannabe Walt

I had a problem with a Disney game I bought once, not DCUR though. I called Customer Support and they said that sometimes USB ports get in the way and mess things up. I would look at the Disney Interactive web site. Click "Downloads" and see if they have anyuthing for it! Glad to help!

mbs6132003

I know the Terrawatt Exception is very old but the game is really great in my opinion. I had that issue for a very long time but I did not find a solution. My problem started after I bought a new laptop which at the time was Windows 8.1 I installed the program and it worked without issue. After my laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 it started getting the Terrawatt Exception. I uninstalled and reinstalled, no help. I tried different compatibility settings, didn't help. I looked at the forums and no had had any solutions. I had my son install the program on his Alienware laptop with Windows 10 a few days ago since he was home from school ( Masters in Physics ) and it worked great. I realized that this was the first time that it was installed on his laptop. I went back to my laptop and uninstalled the program again but this time I also did a "regedit" to edit the registry. I did a "find" on Disney and to my surprise the registry had a large amount of registry entries for Disney imaginerring. I deleted ALL entries. It took about 10 minutes. I then reinstalled Ultimate Ride Roller coaster and voila, it works like a charm. I did save all of my coaster rides and the new install found them and they all work. It works not just on my built-in display but also on my 32 inch HDMI external display. Windows also automatically adjusted the compatibility settings automatically which it never did before. So the bottom line is that even though I uninstalled and reinstalled many times, the uninstall NEVER removed the entries from the registry so when a re-install was done, it used ALL of the incorrect settings from the old Windows 8.1 install.

As I said above, this issue is very, very old but the posts are still on the forum so I decided to post this. If anyone is still having issues, post a reply and I will try to help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom